selling motorhomes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by movan, Jan 23, 2014.

1. movan

movan Funster Life Member

http://www.cashincaravan.co.uk/quote.php

Has anyone ever used these kind of people to get valuations on their motorhomes, please? I am wary that you have to give full name and address and they contact you by phone ... feel a bit of a strong sales pitch coming up.... How have you valued your motorhomes when putting them on the private market?

Sorry if daft question.

2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Hi Joy,

I think that others will confirm this but at best all they will offer is a low trade in price equivalent; not good value.

When I was looking to sell my last van I did a trawl of the same model on as many places as I could so I knew what the retail value was and armed with that managed to get a good trade in deal. The original intention was to sell privately but in the end I didn't need to.

Best of luck - I am sure that others can offer better advice but I hope it helps a little.

Edit - not a daft question at all!!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Addie

Addie Trader - Motorhome Wifi

Your motorhome is only worth what someone is willing to pay. That could vary depending on the time of year, how other private sellers value their motorhomes for sale and how much similar vehicles are listed for on dealers forecourts.

Use eBay and Autotrader as a rough guide and then pick a price at least 10% less than a dealer but perhaps a bit more or less than similar private vehicles depending on the spec.

A clean, depersonalised van in a neutral setting with a well structured specification, list of options, service history and so forth will always sell well in my experience.

What Burstner have you got?

• Like Like x 4
  4. movan

Thank you both.

It is a Burstner T680 07 reg.

5. Addie

Addie Trader - Motorhome Wifi

A Delfin T680? That'll be the same as ours then :thumb:

6. movan

:thumb:

7. estcres

estcres Read Only Funster

Towards the end of last year we invited a firm called "buymymotorhome.com", I filled out the on-line question sheet and they contacted me about 4 days later by 'phone.

The lady gave me a price, which was well below market plice, but she explained that if we wanted it sold straight away they would put the cash in my account and then arrange for someone to collect the vehicle, no restrictions and they would take it unseen, however

She also explained that I could place it with them for sale on my behalf, the vehicle would stay with me and I would be expected to oversee anyone who wanted to view it. They would charge me 10% for that service. The vehicle would not leave me until the buyers monies were in my account and cleared.

We only did this as an exercise and did not sell the vehicle or even put it on the market.

http://buymymotorhome.com/

• Like Like x 1
  8. flatpackchicken

flatpackchicken Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

what do you want to know the value for unless your giving up or changing the van.

If you are happy with the van why change, better the one you know than the one you dont!

Peter

• Like Like x 5
  10. movan

Giving up motorhoming, Peter ..:cry:. Circumstances prevail which make it impossible for me to continue.... Very sad about it but life goes on. . Have made some brilliant friends whilst motorhoming and it has been a lifeline to me over the last five or six years.

The Burstner is quite new to me, about six months, so it won't be as heartwrenching as when I swapped my last one for it..... but will still miss it.

Amazed at the difference in prices with the dealers ..... I guess it will partly be whether I drop lucky or not. At the moment struggling anyway as waiting on the dealer to come back and answer e-mails about a faulty part. Havn't been able to drive it since before New Year.

Seem to get different advice too about the fault which doesn't help.

11. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Joy, you cannot give up... apart from the fact that we will all miss you dreadfully, you promised to give me line dancing lessons at Malvern!! :cry::cry::cry:

Catherine

• Like Like x 1
  12. movan

Catherine, I will find a way to give you line dancing lessons... You are one of the lovely people I class as a new friend brought about by my motorhome.

Anyway, good news ..... Timberland have replied to my mail and phoned today to say that the faulty part is in the post so hopefully my van will be back to fully functional again shortly. With all the probs I have at the moment it will be nice to have something go right.:thumb: I can't wait to sit behind the wheel, turn the key and hear that lovely sound of the engine revving up....:thumb:

13. Mike B

Mike B Funster

Dawn says I'm a bit slow, but I take it me & Dawn wont be finally meeting you at Chester? :Smile:

14. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

NO don't do it. You cannot give up, you love the motor homing life, even if you cannot get away so much at the moment. I am sure that just owning the van is one of the things that is keeping you sane.

15. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi Joy, It will be a shame if do decide to sell , (as we did many years ago due to finance at the time,tried other hols but came back after 3 years in the wilderness now 24 yrs later wouldn't be without one)
    It was nice to have met you at Shrewsbury show ( you were our lovely neighbour ) we will miss you.
    Ann & Terry (FIDGET) & ASBO Emily our cocker

• Like Like x 1
  16. movan

:Laughing: '''ASBO Emily our cocker ''' How lovely you have given adorable Emily an Asbo....:Laughing: I have sent her a message to say if she wants to leave home she can live with me.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Wyaye wires

Wyaye wires

Hi Joy

We respect whatever your decision is regarding your motor home and hope to keep in touch. Should you decide to sell you we will miss you at meets as you are always very much fun to be with.

Kind regards

Kath and Howie

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

When we were looking to sell ours last year, I trawled through eBay to work out the average price paid. Then, when we went to trade it in, we had a clearer picture of what to expect.
    As it happens, we were offered more than the "figure I had in me head", and managed to beat them down £2K on the price of the new wagon ... so walked away a very happy fella. :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  20. movan

Yes, thank you for that. I had actually seen it when looking for a direction on price and for a moment thought it was mine..... then noticed it had the solar panel on it,, I had to have a solar panel put on.. I did think after though that maybe I had paid over the odds. :Sad: