selling coachbuilt for a aclass hymer (1 Viewer)

craig.drake

Free Member
Oct 3, 2010
queensbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since may 2010
thats it decisions been made selling the motorhome ,swapping the coachbuilt for a aclass hymer , as with all my cars in the past i will be selling it private ebay,autotrader,gumtree and so on it could go in a day it could take months ,

my only query is because im getting a hymer i will have to trade down to an older van 95-2000 ish what is reliability like generally ??

also any advice would be appreciated

bye bye elddis coachbuilt hello hymer aclass b584

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
We recently bought a 1998 B544 on a Fiat chassis. Haven't had it long enough to say much about reliability but everyone I talked to said it's bullet proof, and certainly the build quality is superb. As far as the Fiat base goes, well its a Fiat.

Nuff said really.

:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Folk won't be allowed in here soon if they don't own a Hymer.

The Dark Side will be spreading rumours "Load of toffee nosed so-and-sos, won't talk to you if you haven't got a Hymer".

Wait for it, Jim's already registering the name....

HymerFUN.co.uk

OP
OP
C

craig.drake

Free Member
Oct 3, 2010
queensbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since may 2010
Folk won't be allowed in here soon if they don't own a Hymer.

The Dark Side will be spreading rumours "Load of toffee nosed so-and-sos, won't talk to you if you haven't got a Hymer".

Wait for it, Jim's already registering the name....

HymerFUN.co.uk
the guy that fit my dome said it takes on average 3 vans to find the right one im hoping to do it in 2:Smile:

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
got a 2002 hymer on a fiat bog leaked fuel gauge like a rev counter would,nt have anything else all fixed just got back from north yorkshire -1 thursday night 18 in side quality :Cool:

S

stagman

Deleted User
thats it decisions been made selling the motorhome ,swapping the coachbuilt for a aclass hymer , as with all my cars in the past i will be selling it private ebay,autotrader,gumtree and so on it could go in a day it could take months ,

my only query is because im getting a hymer i will have to trade down to an older van 95-2000 ish what is reliability like generally ??

Just remember Hymer owners don't wave to C class owners , and we don't wave back:winky:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
the guy that fit my dome said it takes on average 3 vans to find the right one im hoping to do it in 2:Smile:

We bought our first and only motorhome second hand almost five years ago (it's a 2003 model). Very happy with it - well built, good to drive, properly winterised, great to tour with - enough said?:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We changed from an 08 American RV to 02 Hymer just over a year ago, great decision we love the Hymer especially the build quality and the insulation. Can use it in any weather without using a bottle of gas a day even going to the alps skiing in it in the new year.:thumb:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Hi Craig, hope we find you well, hope the running's going ok too :thumb:

Any particular reason you want too choose a hymer? is it an a class you want or a hymer?

if its the former then don't discount the other Aclasses on the market. You get more for your buck and that's for sure.

I know hymer owners will disagree but I find them no better on quality than a lot of other marques and living on a reputation made in much earlier days. dethleffs, Euramobile, Rapido, Pilote, amongst others all do IMO as decent A class models as hymer.
If you think real hard, there are also some great coachbuilts out there, Hobby & Geist too add but two more.
And that's before I mention my wonderful Bessacarr motorised caravan.

think long and hard, dont be blinded. in case you haven't already, go for a run and weigh it up.:thumb:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp

i HAVE HAD SEVERAL HYMER A CLASS I NOW HAVE AN AMERICAN RV ONLY 25FOOT LONG
KNOCKS SPOTS OF THE HYMER AT EVERY LEVEL :thumb:

OP
OP
C

craig.drake

Free Member
Oct 3, 2010
queensbury
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since may 2010
Hi Craig, hope we find you well, hope the running's going ok too :thumb:

Any particular reason you want too choose a hymer? is it an a class you want or a hymer?

if its the former then don't discount the other Aclasses on the market. You get more for your buck and that's for sure.

I know hymer owners will disagree but I find them no better on quality than a lot of other marques and living on a reputation made in much earlier days. dethleffs, Euramobile, Rapido, Pilote, amongst others all do IMO as decent A class models as hymer.
If you think real hard, there are also some great coachbuilts out there, Hobby & Geist too add but two more.
And that's before I mention my wonderful Bessacarr motorised caravan.

think long and hard, dont be blinded. in case you haven't already, go for a run and weigh it up.:thumb:
yes mate 8 mile this morning turned to 6 because of the icy rain
ive looked at them all and keep going back to hymers

its dropping back 2 models in the van dept im worried about i dont want
to be doing repair after repair although to a certain extent its inevitable:thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Craig

Called in at Brownhills Newark yesterday on way home from Lincoln weekend. They have quite a few Hymers and other A class vehicles in at the moment due to closure of their Preston depot, as Gerry Hughes discovered this weekend. :Smile:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
This looks like a nice 584 - a bit younger than you indicated in the original post though. We had good service from this dealer.
Link Removed

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
We normally wave first - to anyone with - A Class, Coachbiult, Van Conversion, even the odd Horse Box, Ice Cream Van........

so true !!! ... my mrs waves at luton head removal vans all the time then looks so sad when she says "they did'nt wave back" ..... have'nt got the heart to tell her ! plus it's quite funny watching the van drivers faces

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, I have spent quite a while looking at various A class mhs thinking they would be an upgrade from my coachbuilt but as I looked I beagn to ask what I expected from my chnage of mh.
For me, and it may well not apply to you, was the abilty to get in and out of bed without disturbing my other half; the drop down bed that looked such a good idea in fact made the entry and exit from the bed more difficult.
So I looked for mhs with a double and a roll down single.

Also as Sue is nearer 70 than I the thought of having a medical every year to be able to drive it seemed a little excessive.

Lastly my concern was buying an older mh was it would not be lez compliant and though it was not likely I would be travelling through the London lez I can't help wondering how soon it will spread to other cities nearer to home.

I have been trying to sell my coachbuilt since July and though have attracted a lot of timewasters I have still to receive a sensible offer above what I would get for a trade in.

As I say this might not apply to you but it might to someone else reading this thread and also it might be some comments might make me readjust my thinking.

Have fun and I hope your change of mh will be right for you. And should I see you in your Hymer "I will wave to you"

Norman

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi
We also wanted to sell our Autolseeper Executive for a Hymer, back in July we started to advertise it and sold it to a passer by to a couple from Lincoln, we now have purchased our hymer 584, 2.8JTD diesel, 1999 model, we love the set up, although do wish we had an oven in it, only had it 2 weeks when we had a flying visit to France for a week to try it out, and it went like a dream.
The only thing is we have a matress topper and if we leave it on the pull down bed it is quite heavy to push the bed up, does anyone else have the same problem?
Happy Hymer hunting!!

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I bought an 2000 B564 A class 2.8 idtd about 6 weeks ago. Haven't been on any trips in it yet as i need to change the omnistor awning for a fiamma zip system as i have 3 dogs. I do love the spacious bathroom. I had looked at other coachbuilts, but kept going back to the hymer.

Shirl

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i looked at a class before settling on the coachbuilt many of the features are the same but my deciding factor was if i am travelling on the motorway and something smashes the windscreen with an a class it can take weeks to get a replacement whereas with the coach built you can be sure to get one almost the next day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back