Selling a motorhome via an agent. (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Help please.

A few weeks ago there was a posting on the forum regarding someone who had sold their MH through an agent, and they were very pleased with the service etc.
Now I know I made a note of it, but of course, I can't find it now. :blush:
Obviously I can't remember or find the posting either, or I wouldn't be asking for help.
As we are thinking of selling ours, and I can't do with the hassle of tyre kickers and myriad waste of time phone calls, can anyone recall the posting, or who it was that posted please.

I know that someone out there will know who it was. :notworthy2:

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Will let you know later Sheila put our van with an agent but I can't remember his name.:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Many dealers will sell for you on a commission basic..
Watch out for the classic.
" we have someone here now who is interested in your van but we need to move a bit.. will you accept xx". :)

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
We didn't sell through an agent but through the dealer who had supplied the van.
The reason we did it that way was that a prospective purchaser would be able to trade-in his existing van in part exchange if he wished and could be offered finance if required, added to which the vehicle was what I call 'in the shop window' being displayed on the dealers forecourt.
My van sold within 24 hours, and I achieved my asking price. Obviously I had to pay a commission to the dealer (they did me a very good deal) but I was spared what would probably have been months of aggravation trying to sell it myself.
Stef.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
My daughter and son-in-law sold their caravan through an agent. When the van was sold a "problem" arose with the buyers finances that delayed payment for at least two weeks. Two weeks later there was a further delay due to a " bank mix up".

We visited the premises and demanded the money that was now over one month late. We were given a cheque which we banked the same day. Fortunately it cleared within three days as the Agent went bust the following week owing thousands to other sellers.

Take care!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I think it's me your talking about as I sold mine through Motorhome agent. http://www.motorhomeagent.com.

They asked me how much I wanted for the MH so told them my price they then asked what's the least I would take told them it was the same figure. The reason for this I thought if I give them a lower figure they will tell me that's what they sold for.
They advertised the MH at £2k more than my price, one of their sales guys turned up took loads of photos and filled in forms with details of MH extras and history. Once van was advertised they called me a couple of times to say they had 2 people interested the first couple had a trade in so they were working out a deal, second couple cash buyers.
Couple of days later they called to say cash buyers wanted to view the MH, we were asked to show them round van and not discuss price as they would do that.
Following morning I got a call to say the couple had made an offer under my asking price by £500 would I accept this, told them no and 20minutes later phone call with offer for full price.

I had told them at the start the MH wouldn't leave my house until full amount was clear in my account and had this written on agreement, money was paid to me 2 weeks before collection.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Using the same agent as above --- found them very good so far but as yet not sold -- we have the arrangement with them that the price we have agreed is it --- taking this route as we do not want any hassle ourselves because of Roger and his condition
Sheila

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Thank you very much for that information @lorger.
You are quite correct, it was you I was thinking of, just couldn't bring it to mind.
Must be an age thing. :RollEyes:

@teddybard Thank you Sheila for the additional info.
This is my preferred route as well.
I hope everything works out well for you and Roger.

The main reason I am thinking of selling is due to having my mother living with us, who takes up a lot of our time as she is getting on a bit and needs a fair bit of TLC.
Consequently we don't get any worthwhile use out of the MH and it is an expensive bit of kit to have stood around.
Our dream of wintering somewhere warmer than the UK has now been put on hold for the foreseeable future.
I believe it was Rabbie Burns who said something like "The best laid plans o' mice and men gang aft aglee".

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Help please.

A few weeks ago there was a posting on the forum regarding someone who had sold their MH through an agent, and they were very pleased with the service etc.
Now I know I made a note of it, but of course, I can't find it now. :blush:
Obviously I can't remember or find the posting either, or I wouldn't be asking for help.
As we are thinking of selling ours, and I can't do with the hassle of tyre kickers and myriad waste of time phone calls, can anyone recall the posting, or who it was that posted please.

I know that someone out there will know who it was. :notworthy2:
I have Seen a post on here but with motorhomedepot I think it was called, basically a broker but good feedback

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back