Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Currently doing the Wild Atlantic way ( yes I know it's wild weather atm ) :D
Anyways currently in Bundoran and heading south wards and getting closer to needing a self service laundry.
Are there any sites or apps where I could see where to find a self service laundry , or anyone here know of any?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Clothes peg the washing onto your bike rack... sprinkle some washing powder/liquid on it... go to bed and let the rain lashing down do the work.

In the morning, your washing will be all clean and well rinsed.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Clothes peg the washing onto your bike rack... sprinkle some washing powder/liquid on it... go to bed and let the rain lashing down do the work.

In the morning, your washing will be all clean and well rinsed.

JJ :cool:
So true atm :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thinking outside the box......

We have a portable washing machine / spin dryer on board and a camping size collapsing rotary clothes line.

On one trip alone we recouped the cost of the washing machine, plus on a wet day we erect the washing line in the van, turn on our endless breeze fan and the washing dries in no time.

OP
OP
Bart

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Thinking outside the box......

We have a portable washing machine / spin dryer on board and a camping size collapsing rotary clothes line.

On one trip alone we recouped the cost of the washing machine, plus on a wet day we erect the washing line in the van, turn on our endless breeze fan and the washing dries in no time.
Yip actually seen one of these used on a you tube RV bloggers site
I just don't know where I would keep it in the. MH

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We use a quite simple technique. We place our laundry in a secure box with soap and water. The swishing action during drive time does all the hard work. Rinse and dry. Here is our little article if it helps

http://ourbumble.com/wash-go/
What a great idea! I've been looking at buying one of the portable washing machines but this is much better. Thanks for that tip.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We use a quite simple technique. We place our laundry in a secure box with soap and water. The swishing action during drive time does all the hard work. Rinse and dry. Here is our little article if it helps

http://ourbumble.com/wash-go/

We tried that, don't know what went wrong but it took ages and ages to get the clothing dry, it was well and truly waterlogged. Maybe left it in too long.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
We tried that, don't know what went wrong but it took ages and ages to get the clothing dry, it was well and truly waterlogged. Maybe left it in too long.
I think you need a little spin dryer to be able to do this they are so good at removing the water, the washing comes out nearly dry.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I think you need a little spin dryer to be able to do this they are so good at removing the water, the washing comes out nearly dry.
I'm currently trying to think of ways to pack/carry a small twintub for our extended trips. I'll think about just a spin dryer, that'll be easier.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back