Seitz mini heki depth

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Yomper, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Yomper

Yomper Funster

Hi
    Looking to get 2 seitz mini hekis.
    Measured the depth I think I need and it's roughly 40mm from roof to bottom of rib the change over on the 2 depths of the vents 25 to 43 mm and 43 to 60 not sure what one to order.
    Any recommendations for roof vents with black out blinds will help too as the fiamma 28 crystal doesn't come supplied with one

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  2. urban_biker

urban_biker Funster

I fitted my own mini heki. You will have to cut the plastic stubs to the right length depending on roof thickness. I think mine was 30mm.

Maybe you can find another vent that makes if easier to measure so you can be sure. I took bottom fitting off my tiny bathroom vent and was able to get more accurate measure there.

If it really is 40mm then you need the smaller one but will need to cut off nearly all of the plastic stubs.

3. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

A while since i did mine but from memory its the size of the screws and length of the inner part that change have you allowed for ceiling boards?

4. Yomper

Yomper Funster

Haven't allowed for ceiling board which takes it to roughly dead on 43. Going to look at other vents that go from 25mm to 50mm more room to play with

5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Also need to replace 400 x 400mm roof light that has a broken sprung leg.. :rolleyes: (wasn't me who broke it .. :LOL:)

Looked at the Mini Heki .. but can't decide .. so many others to choose from..

will watch this thread with interest :)