seen this on ebay wot do u think (1 Viewer)

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
:RollEyes:do u think this will work my mate put fule that had water in is tank we drind tank and put new filter on .van is now runing put there must be bits off water lefed in tank and pump so to get rid off it do u think this is any good seen it on ebay. item number 330166094938 starbrite diesel water absorber

Last edited:
S

stagman

Deleted User
:RollEyes:do u think this will work my mate put fule that had water in is tank we drind tank and put new filter on .van is now runing put there must be bits off water lefed in tank and pump so to get rid off it do u think this is any good seen it on ebay. item number 330166094938 starbrite diesel water absorber

Hay maite checked it out sounds great think u need ten bottles should do the the trick,but dont drink it all in one night.:ROFLMAO:

slickmouse

Free Member
Dec 30, 2007
Planet Mars next 2 Uranus
Funster No
MH
Winne/DAF Coach
It says

Removes free water from diesel ful to prevent corrosion of injectors, degradation of fule delivery system and growth of microbes

Where does the water in the fuel go? does it absorb it and then disperse it through the injectors?

I googled it and it seems to be used in the boating industry when winterising your boat

I'd try it:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Completely empty the fuel tank and refill with FRESH diesel, if the engines running it will soon get rid of any water in the fuel lines and pump.

Let the old diesel stand for a week or two and the water should separate out in time and settle at the bottom of the container for reuse. Tell him to stop buying dodgy diesel !!

Peter

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006

Sounds like you have been drinking it.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
my mate says thanks to u all

hi thanks for all your help with mates van its up and runing now .and he set sail for scotland this morning hope he makes it as iv tuned my phone off::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
No wonder he got water in his diesel! Does he have a good compass:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Going fishing on the way!:thumb:

he wos a bit up set that i took is tins off diesl to the tip as it cost him £100 to fill up plus wot he paid for the tins off diel come water off a man in a van so less to spend on holis hope he as learnt now:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Do diesels still have water filters?

This sounds an extreme case but maybe something to watch for in the future.

I have put petrol in diesel car:Doh::cry::RollEyes:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
It says

Removes free water from diesel ful to prevent corrosion of injectors, degradation of fule delivery system and growth of microbes

Where does the water in the fuel go? does it absorb it and then disperse it through the injectors?

I googled it and it seems to be used in the boating industry when winterising your boat

I'd try it:thumb:

Hi under normal circumstances oil and water don't mix, but you can get chemicals which enable them to do so forming an emulsion, maybe thats what this does?

Olley

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back