Seen this on a wild camping site might be of use to someone (2 Viewers)

signworks

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2013
wrose bradford
Funster No
MH
swift bolero
Exp
since 2009
IMG_4781.JPG
Just for info for those of yer that use or are thinking of going to the MH overnight parking at St Annes (aire) thingy there's a sluice available now a bit further south the other side of the pier. Charge is a quid.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's a pity they can't spell, but thanks

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
Ahhhhhhh an Enble is a very important part of a Motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
How sensible, how useful!
I seem to remember from @GJH 's previous posts that he's been in long-term discussions with somebody on the council???
Maybe this is something we could lobby our local councils for, or get local businesses to lobby for, even if they don't feel they can offer overnight (or often, daytime) parking.
And while my mind's working in that direction: maybe try to get park-&-rides and motorway service stations etc to put in a M/H service point? - after all, they're mostly now putting in electric car zappers.
Thanks @signworks

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
How sensible, how useful!
I seem to remember from @GJH 's previous posts that he's been in long-term discussions with somebody on the council???
Maybe this is something we could lobby our local councils for, or get local businesses to lobby for, even if they don't feel they can offer overnight (or often, daytime) parking.
And while my mind's working in that direction: maybe try to get park-&-rides and motorway service stations etc to put in a M/H service point? - after all, they're mostly now putting in electric car zappers.
Thanks @signworks
Although I've been in touch with all councils, several times over the last 10 years, regarding daytime parking, I think you are perhaps mixing up Fylde and Blackpool in this instance :) Although I was in touch with Fylde regarding overnighting in years gone by it was the efforts of others, more than I, I think, that achieved the facility in St Annes.

On the general point of lobbying local councils, I have done some where I have been able to make some sort of case but, without local knowledge, it is difficult to do so. If you look back at my posts over the years, though, you will see that I have consistently promoted the idea of people lobbying councils in areas where they live or visit. The problem is that whilst many people would use such facilities, especially if they were free (and, in some cases, only if they were free) very few are actually willing to put in any effort to achieve them. As a result, councils in general have little or no evidence as to any real demand which would justify the expenditure involved.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I ve had a couple of goes at Shropshire Council but constant pressure is surely the only way to get this done.
Absolutely. Unfortunately one of the factors we are up against is that some people go the other way.

Some may not recall that, at one time (and not many years ago), motorhomes were banned from car parks in St Annes completely because of people not only ignoring signs banning overnight camping but actually vandalising those signs so that they could pretend not to have seen them. It was only because of the positive efforts of a few people that Fylde Council brought in the facility currently available.

It would be nice to think that would have been a lesson to all but, unfortunately, it wasn't. That mitigates against those councils which still suffer abuse (and those of their colleagues that they talk to) being supportive of change.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back