Seeking Old-style Rodent ...... (1 Viewer)

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I've put together a Patriot Book PC, which for those of you who still remember the hardware of yesteryear, was a rather nice small box and much sought after in its day....many died due to the power supply popping a capacitor, which was the weak link in the pc. This one is fully restored and rarin' to go to its new home with RR.

Anyhow, the intention is to deliver this to RR at the rally next weekend so he has an alternative internet / email capable pc if his Vista lappy presents with odd complaints as it has recently, but it needs a PS/2 keyboard and mouse - the ones with little green (mouse) and purple (keyboard) coded plugs instead of the USB ones we use now. I haven't got any spares of these elderly devices, only the single pair I use for legacy devices and radio ham stuff, - does anyone have an ancient rodent and keyboard which they are happy to rehome and can bring to the Fireworks Rally ?

Note to RR: better start brushing up on Windoze 98 as that's what it is running and very fast too!! Amazing how much bloated gubbins we have managed to get used to in the line of advances in software over the years......

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Laurie I have a flat screen, keyboard and mouse so no worries there.

Just lost my tower in a moment of madness with a PC Doctor writing it off and taking it away to help me out:Doh::RollEyes:

OP
OP
camcondor

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
All sorted then John, just that I assumed your mouse and keyboard were not PS/2, but were USB as most newer ones are......you will also need a separate "kettle" cord for the screen as there isn't a dual plug for the screen in the back of the pc, so will need two plugs into the wall socket instead of one. :thumb::thumb:

Tested it with t'internet and its happliy simple (and fast!!) to use for email; just don't expect toooo much of it, its only a 4GB harddrive with a Cyrix processor and a whole whopping 128MB RAM!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
All sorted then John, just that I assumed your mouse and keyboard were not PS/2, but were USB as most newer ones are......you will also need a separate "kettle" cord for the screen as there isn't a dual plug for the screen in the back of the pc, so will need two plugs into the wall socket instead of one. :thumb::thumb:

Tested it with t'internet and its happliy simple (and fast!!) to use for email; just don't expect toooo much of it, its only a 4GB harddrive with a Cyrix processor and a whole whopping 128MB RAM!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It will be most welcome and very kind of you Laurie.

OP
OP
camcondor

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Laurie I have a flat screen, keyboard and mouse so no worries there.

Just lost my tower in a moment of madness with a PC Doctor writing it off and taking it away to help me out:Doh::RollEyes:

No more moments of madness then John!!! Will try and source some older compatible security software this weekend so its relatively virus proof / firewalled. Its not up to running XP, or I would have installed it, but it does what it does really well. :roflmto:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Have got PS2 Keyboar and Mouse, will take to Billing:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun