Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
For a few years I have been on a roll over monthly data contract with Vodafone Portugal costing me €35 unlimited use (but they "throttle" me after 15 gigs).

Yesterday I pre-ordered my Christmas present of the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phablet and while in The Phone Shop I asked about data packages.

I took out a roll over, monthly data contract with NOS costing me €30 unlimited use but they "throttle" me after...

250 gigs.

At first I could not believe it and I had to wait and wait for the SIM card to be activated but...

All up and running now so guess who is watching MOTD tonight...

I am a happy, happy bunny and will be even more so on Friday when Santa delivers my pressy to The Phone Shop.

JJ :cool:

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Must say we also think his new package ;) is great, thanks JJ. :ROFLMAO:
The fastest internet we have had in Portugal, nice to have a bit of TV sometimes. (y) Bob and Janie.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
You should be happy, Mr JJ. Giggs played for United for many years, and thrashed City a few times.......:rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I just changed to Three from TMobile. after repeatedly getting assurances that I would get 4G where we live in London. Called a few times to double check and guess what no 4G:( lying toe rags, even their map on site a nonsense

on top of that the 24 hrs to transfer my number has turned into 4 days....

Deleted User
For a few years I have been on a roll over monthly data contract with Vodafone Portugal costing me €35 unlimited use (but they "throttle" me after 15 gigs).

Yesterday I pre-ordered my Christmas present of the new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phablet and while in The Phone Shop I asked about data packages.

I took out a roll over, monthly data contract with NOS costing me €30 unlimited use but they "throttle" me after...

250 gigs.

At first I could not believe it and I had to wait and wait for the SIM card to be activated but...

All up and running now so guess who is watching MOTD tonight...

I am a happy, happy bunny and will be even more so on Friday when Santa delivers my pressy to The Phone Shop.

Do NOS have an agent or shop in Tavira or Faro? Is the offer dependent on buying a phone/tablet and is it 4g only or will the sim work in 3g equipment.

Sorry for the inquisition, I will be in Cabanas for 6 months and although the site has free wifi it is a little unreliable so may be interested in a rolling contract but not in new equipment.:)

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Yes Mr Matamoros... The Phone Shop I went to is in the Tavira Continente Shopping Centre (Ranch Burger on the next floor).

The deal was independent of any phone purchase although I am buying my phone from them because they have been so nice, helpful and friendly to me over the years.

For the roll over contract, they wanted my passport, address and fiscal number.

I am sure your campsite address will suffice and if you don't have a fiscal number maybe I can help.

The connection works on 3G or 4G.

Claudio (or Pedro) are the guys to see.

If you mention JJ be prepared for a lot of bowing and scraping and forelock tugging together with lots of "Yes Sir, no Sir, anything more you want Sir?"

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Thank you very much young sir. If my better half will allow such extravagance I will make enquiries next month when we wander across from Spain.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back