LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
That is a seriously cool bit of film, thank you SJL!
I used to be quite "into" the notion of outer space etc but when I tried to think of what's out there & got all mixed up with edges of the universe, what's the other side of the edge, infinity, and what's outside infinity... AAARGGGHH! o_O

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
And some person is going to come along and say we are the only life form in the Universe, which anyway, is only 4500 years old.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
To paraphrase Arthur C Clarke (because I can't remember it exactly):

"What right have we on this puny planet to assume that it sets the pattern for the whole universe?"

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
You can do the same with numbers, trying to imagine how big infinity is. It goes like this.
Imagine the biggest number you can, a number so large it would need a piece of paper the size of the Universe to write it down. Now take a piece of A4 paper and draw a line on it with zero marked at one end and infinity on the other. On this scale where do you think your very big number fits? The number so big it took a piece of paper the size of the Universe to write it down.
The answer is it goes as close to zero as possible, infinitesimally close in fact.
Infinity is very big.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
The wife and I were discussing this very point just last week. I just happened to say "Uranus is HUGE"!, and she gave me a right smack. Discussing things face to face is not the way to ensure good health. :cry::cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back