Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
All this talk of stolen MoHos has inclined me towards buying a wheel clamp. I’ve got an alarm fitted, but it keeps going off for no apparent reason. So a wheel clamp seems to be the answer.

The visible deterrence aspect appeals, as it could deter the little rascals from any fruitless, but damaging, attempts to break in.

I’m considering the Milenco M15, which seems to retail at circa £120.00
Whatcha think?

Any other recommendations folks.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I have also been thinking along the same lines but if you remember the thread about the stolen Autotrail, it said it had a Bulldog 'sold secure' wheel clamp and steering wheel locking bar, so do any of them do the job?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our van had an alarm and tracker fitted when we bought it and both work OK. We already had PIR operated security lights covering the drive (I replaced bulkhead fittings when we moved in 21 years ago).

We bought a Bulldog DC400 Auto Clamp after Broken Link Removed. Cost £102.65 from a local auto/camping shop.

A fortnight ago our elder son helped me install a Broken Link Removed (bought before Christmas when it was on offer at £279.99; I received a flier from Screwfix today advertising it at £299.99) and that gives us good coverage (I put some signs in the van "24 hour CCTV security recording in operation. If you are reading this you have already been recorded."). Hopefully that will be enough ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Disk-lok is the preferred deterrent of the Landrover lads around here ::bigsmile:
Locks only keep honest people out :winky:
terry

williamb

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
I have a disklok on my motorhome it is a good visible deterrent and the only one that I no of that is thatcham approved. They are very solid.:Eeek:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i must admit its prompted me to recheck things;

so i did checks of my "stikeback" alarm system and all is well.:thumb:

also,

drove to an isolated location and called the tracking company and asked where my van was..:Eeek:.

they said:-

"we have had no alarm to say its been activated sir, but its parked about 10 meters from a round silo at " location given by them ", is there a problem."?

nope! just checking and spot on:thumb:

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
You say that the alarm keeps going off, so i presume that the alarm is to be left switched off and just a wheel clamp used instead ?? . If i'm right in thinking that make sure that your insurance policy doesn't require you to have a working alarm if you have said that when you took out your policy, like us all lets just hope we never have to make a claim for theft of our pride and joy :cry:

OP
OP
Fireman Sam

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Thank you all. Lots to think about.

Mike

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
The best security device out there has to be the quick release steering wheel !
Lots of thieves come prepared with cutting gear and tracker jammers ,but how many carry spare steering wheels.
The only downside is you look a right lemon carrying it about ! ::bigsmile:

Vlad

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Thats going to be a major refit job with the airbag, radio and phone controls attached.
Any idea how the Autotrail was stolen? I thought newer vehicles were almost impossible to start without the key / immobiliser?
Allan

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
if they want to steal it they will eventually regardless of what is fitted to it.

Personally I would say get a tracker added - EddieVanbitz does a variety to suit pocket and are very good.

As for the alarm keep going off it could be thieves wanting to wear you down so that you turn the alarm off and so that neighbours dont take any notice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back