Free Member
Jan 29, 2010
UK and Europe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Do you know about this taken from the Smartwater site:

SmartWater is a forensic liquid that assigns your valuables with their own unique forensic code, allowing them to be traced back to you. Because the Police regularly check for SmartWater and actively raise awareness of it, SmartWater is known throughout the criminal fraternity. Because of SmartWater’s infrastructure within Police Authorities criminals will statistically avoid anything that bares our logo and will not risk challenging our 100% conviction rate. By displaying SmartWater deterrent stickers on your windows and doors you are sending out a powerful warning to any would-be thieves.

If you do not wish to spend on this, do what I have done taken a smartwater sign from Google Images, and put: In this Motorhome. I think it will make them think twice as there is no escape if you touch an item with this water on it.

Last edited:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi
I'm not knocking this because on the face of it, it sounds a good idea, however, I dont know what SmartWater is and so why would a thief.

Jim
:Smile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I have used smarwater on my motorbikes.
SmartWater is a colourless liquid simply dabbed onto the uneven surfaces of what you are trying to mark up. apparently it can be used to code all sorts of items such as jewellery, ornaments, electrical items but I used it on all of the easilly detachable parts of the bike (Side panels, fairing etc.
The liquid, a bit like varnish, contains a unique chemical ‘code’ which is registered to you – conclusively proving ownership. It cannot be easily seen by the naked eye and is almost impossible to remove. The liquid glows under ultraviolet light making it easy for the Police to detect.
It dries, so does not get on your fingers as alivan seemed to suggest :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Had it on all my bikes since 99.
And we recently had one recovered by the police from them finding a fairing panel !!
Got the whole bike back for the guy and we rebuilt it for less than a £100..
I reckon Smart Water is a really good investment

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
I work with very expensive yachts and Smartwater is used a hell of a lot on the finished products inside and out.

What do you recken, laminate the print off's or try photo paper.

Great idea Alivan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PamandKeith

Free Member
Oct 11, 2008
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
12 years
We got ours for nothing after a burglary in October. Two largish notices and a few smaller ones. We have smart watered all my (new) jewellery. The originals being stolen apparently to melt down for drug money and suchlike. The local community police brought the Smartwater round to our house but I understand you can get Smartwater from your local Council. You may have to pay for it, we didn't being as we were victims of a burglary.

Also we have smart watered all our electrical goods and anything than can be easily removed from the house.

Pam

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back