Oct 9, 2008
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
3 yrs
Cheap and Easy security DIY

Going to France in August and have read with interest some of the comments on here . Try using that common sense approach and you should stay safe, but here is a simple sensible fix that anyone can use and prevent a lot of Heartache.
Get a rape alarm or similair, fit it somewhere near your habitation door out of the way, if it has the ring pull type action at the bottom fix some strimmer line,fishing line through the ring and tie it off at some point on the door,when the door is opened the would be robber/rapist/murderer gets an earful you get alerted and it might just cost you a new door lock.
Alternitavely I fit 2 heavy duty bungees to the door and secure them at the other side of the Van, the toerag will either lose an eye or fall flat on his arse gaining me valuable time to execute a good old fashioned "shoeing":ROFLMAO:

Other than this 2 or 3 claymores strategically placed should get a result, and the police won't know who did it because they only work part time, and this happens all the time :ROFLMAO:

Don't be too security serious, but be security conscious and you will be safe. :thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The last post sound like BG ideas to me - and they're easy and they're cheap!! (free in our case as we already own bungees and a rape alarm, ( - that's good then; cos Pete likes "free" even more than he likes "discount" ....)

However, unfortunately we're fresh out of Claymores at the mo.

Thinks Bubble - We do own a nice big wrecking bar though .......

:thanks2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back