Security handle

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Archer, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Archer

Archer Funster

Thinking of getting a Flamma Security handle are they any good and worth fitting or not cos it's me birthday next week and family want to know what to buy , you know how it is. Gary

2. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Funster

It only good for a handle, if the thieving gits want in do you think a handle will stop them. There are loads of posts about what to add to make secure your MH - the basic answer is DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING OUT ON VIEW -

Simples...........

• Like Like x 1
  3. makems

makems Funster Life Member

we got one as our hab door lock wasn;t locking properly and Dave Newell advised that it would be a b*tch to strip down the door just to get at the lock and only then could we find out what the problem is and if it could be repaired or need new parts.
    Being a mechanical numpty I got Dave to fit it for me at Malvern. Having watched him do it in about 15 minutes I think even I could have done it.
    Of course it would have taken me all day and involved lots of swearing and cursing and no doubt a blood sacrifice to the gods of DIY.
    Works great, easy to use and must be somewhat of a deterrent - but as has already been said, if some scrote really wants to get in your van he will.

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Selection here with Funsters discount as well :thumb:

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/fiamma-security.html

Peter

5. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

If your unsteady on your feet and need a handle go for it ,if not fit a normal fiamma security lock.
    As said if scumbags want to get into your van they will,if you secure your door they'll prob go for a PLASTIC WINDOW wouldn't take much pulling!
    That said I've got an additional door lock and am of the opinion that if its a bit harder to get in here they will move on and look elsewhere.Thieves are opportunists and look for easy targets.

Vlad