Security for extenal doors on A Class motorhome

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by castor, Sep 30, 2015.

1. castor

castor Funster

Taking delivery of a new Bavaria 1740c in Feb. And looking at external ,internal additional locks , the fiamma external will fit garage and habitation doors , but appreciate what members have used on the drivers door ,fiamma will fit externally but would like something internal as we had on the coachbuilt fiat.Any and all suggestions appreciated,Thanks all.

2. Speve

Speve Funster

See the thread "Security within your vans" started today lots of useful info there

3. Manic

Manic Funster

I've got a dead lock/ bolt type on my Hymer cab door, the type with a cylindrical key. As it was already fitted I can't help with any details of it.

4. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

I have use this type of lock on my A class, I used three different types, two on the garage doors that operate only from the outside, the one on the habitation door operates from both inside and outside and one on the passenger front door will only lock from the inside,

http://www.imc-creations.fr/Verrou-a-Commande-Interieure,5

• Like Like x 1
  5. Teuchter

Teuchter Funster

Go to Fiamma or Milenco websites - good quality external locks - or even better have deadlocks professionally fitted - pricy but worth it :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. dbnosey

dbnosey Funster

Hi Ivorantony
    Having looked at the website for your door lock's I was very impressed. Having a Pilote A class could you please tell me where I can purchase these, and approx purchase price.
    Regards

7. castor

castor Funster

Thanks ivor andtony, will try and locate , exactly what I was looking for and made in france where we live . Cheers.

8. ivorantony

ivorantony Funster

on the website is a order form with prices for the different locks plus instructions for fitting, not difficult to do just measure three times before drilling, I used a company called transferwise to send them Euros, much cheaper than the banks,

9. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Get some proper dead locks. While remembering its pretty easy to jemmy a motorhome built of a sandwich wall construction.. Don't leave anything valuable in there. Chain expensive bikes to a ground anchor secured through floor onto chassis.

Carry rolls of gaffa tape...

They say for a bike you should spend 10% on security...work out how much you should spend on a van...

10. Xabia

Xabia Funster