Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
Hello everyone

Just following on from another thread re security of an awning/tent etc.

I have been wondering about this myself over the last couple of days. How does everyone go about securing theirs? My awning is arriving tomorrow and apart from the fact that it in itself cost a fortune, how do you secure your possessions in it?

It has got 2 bedrooms at the back and I was going to use one as a dressing room/storage area but now I am getting unsure about what to take and put in it.

Do I just take a leap of faith and put a bit of trust in human nature?!?! :LOL::cautious:

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Trust people of course but awning rooms are not for storing valuables in.
Just use for everyday stuff, coats, boots, brollys etc. These won't attract a thief and if it was stolen you wouldn't be devestated

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
I wouldn't worry, just be sensible about valuables. I've been camping for many years before getting the MH and never had a problem with theft from tents or trailer tents, which really are a soft target.

The only holiday theft I've ever had was from something that was locked - many years ago some thieving little French scrote cut the chain that was holding our motorbike helmets to the bike, and had them away. We were standing about 100 feet away watching a big fireworks display at the time so no chance of hearing anything!

I really don't worry too much about theft on holiday if I'm on a quiet site - chairs and kids bikes tend to stay outside unlocked, even if we go out in the van. They're sufficiently low value that if they did go it's not a tragedy, and they mark the pitch! If I'm worried at all then they get locked up to a fence or similar.

I'm tempting fate now aren't I..........

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back