Feb 26, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year
Hello,

I have just purchased a second battery. The other battery has metal brackets to hold it down, but there is nothing for a second battery.

I was thinking of a strap over the top and screwing the battery down via the screw holes in the skirt around the base.

Any comments or better ideas?

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Hello,

I have just purchased a second battery. The other battery has metal brackets to hold it down, but there is nothing for a second battery.

I was thinking of a strap over the top and screwing the battery down via the screw holes in the skirt around the base.

Any comments or better ideas?

You can get proper metal hold downs from eBay for under a tenner. You just need to cut some slots in the base for them to engage.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Assuming you have enough space in your battery box for a second, just no means of holding down, you can use a webbing type strap which you can get from camping stores.

I fyou do not have room in the box, you may have to purchase a sealed battery box and locate under a bench seat or suitable alternative - just remember to drill a hole through the floor and poke a vent pipe through. If fitting in the opriginal battery box with the first, you may be able to use a t peice to utilise the vapour pipe from the first.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
I replaced the original 85amp battery by removing the wooden box, and buying the plastic boxs.

To stop them moving around I placed some small pieces of wood around the base so that it wont move , but before I screwed down the battens I placed some straps underneath to keep evertyhing in place.

I could take a picture later on if you wanted

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Agree with drilling hole for vent pipe. However don't do what a selfbuild friend did and drill through and into the exhaust silencer box:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back