Secure motorhome storage in Stoke on Trent (1 Viewer)

Suda

Free Member
Jan 19, 2015
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Rapido V 56
Exp
Since the 70's with a VW T 2, then an Autoquest, a Burstner and now the Rapido
Can anyone recommend a secure motorhome storage location in the Stoke on Trent area of Staffordshire please.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
I'm not sure if the c&cc site at The Star, Alton do storage or not. Might be worth asking unless it's too far out

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Maybe worth speaking to Bill at Towtal,he has a big secure yard but not sure about storage,hope you find somewhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Storage opposite Tescos in Kidsgrove, Do not have any details so a drive by required, caravans and MoHo in there, not sure how secure but it looks OK

homercostello

Free Member
Jul 11, 2010
kidsgrove staffs
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs globetrotter
Exp
9 years
The storage in kidsgrove is a casoa gold site and is usually full, but you might be lucky also another casoa gold site at Betchton near Alsager. is local to Stoke on Trent both around 400 pounds per year.
Not many storage options around here you just got to be lucky.(y)

Nov 25, 2014
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic I51
Exp
Since 2015.
Can't help with storage in the Stoke on Trent area, however, would be interested in any storage locations in the south Hampshire area. I currently have storage at a Cosoa Gold Site at Catherington which costs £710 per year.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have permanent storage in Benidorm with electric and use of swimming pool that I can use all year round for £3448 per year and I can come and go as I please.....Perfect solution :cool:.

Attachments

• Fifth wheel 001.JPG
    Fifth wheel 001.JPG
    180.8 KB · Views: 13

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
There are 2 possible options Just outside Leek at a farm on blackshaw moor. And a Farm on Manor lane Madeley. Don't know the costs but if you are interested PM and I can find the details for you

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Someone local may know where i mean.SO.Try Here.Coming out of Stoke towards Tean via Cellarhead'ish. There is a big house with all sorts of Statues,large garden ornaments,inside is supposed to be full of all sorts of wonderous things and if my memory serves me right,there was writing on the roof...... Well opposite there,is a farm,grand chap,he had a land fill site at the time,closed now,and if you went in,tea/coffee in the self weighbridge,help yourself and he would often come out with a tray of eggs,i offered to pay,but he said the birds laid more than he could handle and they would only go to waste,have 'em for free if that is near you,get in and have a chat,he had a pond you could fish in at one time .
Tea Bag.
PS Long shot..Or what ? LOL

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi.
Someone local may know where i mean.SO.Try Here.Coming out of Stoke towards Tean via Cellarhead'ish. There is a big house with all sorts of Statues,large garden ornaments,inside is supposed to be full of all sorts of wonderous things and if my memory serves me right,there was writing on the roof...... Well opposite there,is a farm,grand chap,he had a land fill site at the time,closed now,and if you went in,tea/coffee in the self weighbridge,help yourself and he would often come out with a tray of eggs,i offered to pay,but he said the birds laid more than he could handle and they would only go to waste,have 'em for free if that is near you,get in and have a chat,he had a pond you could fish in at one time .
Tea Bag.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi.
Tea Bag.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi.
Tea Bag.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi.
Tea Bag.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
It was/is a long shot,BUT, The post office has found the correct address with far less information than this,often. Two clues i forgot,"He walks on his booted feet,and there was a pheasant in the field to the right of the gate as you come off the road.?".
Tea Bag. Irish Sat Nav Supplier (As in,coming from Ireland,supplying Sat-Navs...PC !)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi.
Tea Bag.
Sounds like les Oakes at cheadle , not the same anymore , he's been dead 10 years , salt of the earth , never be another , but don't think there's any parking there.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
OOops, sorry for multiple posts. I was at work wasting time on my not so smart phone !
What I was trying to say was that the place teabag refers to is Les Oakes Salvage yard on the Cheadle to Oakamoor Road, but I`ve no idea about storage in the area sorry.
Chris

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
OOops, sorry for multiple posts. I was at work wasting time on my not so smart phone !
What I was trying to say was that the place teabag refers to is Les Oakes Salvage yard on the Cheadle to Oakamoor Road, but I`ve no idea about storage in the area sorry.
Chris
Les could knock these fancy storage hunters and salvage hunters on the TV into cocked hats, as far as I know, havnt been up since he died , the museam part is still there , but his kids have sold much of the outside stuff, but if you ever get in that area, go and have a look , more stuff than ordinary museums and always free, fantastic bloke , known all over the country, genuinely started with nowt and must have been worth well over a million when he got killed, he would do anything for cheadle, staffs.
There is a campsite oppisate called hales hall with a lake but don't think you can store there either.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Chris
Sorry Figaro, I couldn't resist it (y)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
Thanks chaser and Figaro,thats the place,given that it must have been at least 14 years since i was lurking around there,off radar on Muck away LOL,you two sure spotted it well. If ever your over this way.......... "Chuck out the wine and bring.......OAT CAKES !!!. I had heard from the farmer,that Les Oakes was a proper bloke,and said, he had horse drawn buggies,coaches and all inside.
As said before,a must see if you are in the area.
Tea Bag Member of,'ower t'ill mob.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sounds like les Oakes at cheadle , not the same anymore , he's been dead 10 years , salt of the earth , never be another , but don't think there's any parking there.

Les Oakes, a gentleman if ever there was one. A great collector and dealer of old and obscure artefacts. Many is the time we have battled it out with an auctioneer. A sad day when he passed. He even did that in a hurry.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I bought my council house in 1982 put new windows through out built porch on back, large canopy over Georgian bay window. Painted all exterior and fitted new doors front and back all from Les Oak's, as been said a true gent.
He used to supply his horse drawn hearse for people who had died in Cheadle. Tragic how he died, I can see him now sitting outside his sheds with his old cloth cap with that big beam on his face.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back