Second Outing (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Sadly my wifes elderly aunt passed away, luckily I got to take our new E560 to the North east of Scotland so we could attend the funeral.

Weather going up could not have been more of a trial, blizzard conditions on the A9. The first few nights we were battered by gale force winds with snow and hail, temperature well below zero. Once I got the heating going on both gas and electric not a problem, short sleeve conditions inside. the van behaved impeccably.

I was very surprised at how easy she was to drive in really atrocious weather as I am more used to a 4x4 but no slipping or sliding.

We now have over 1100 miles on the clock and shes only a month old.

BTW stayed at Findochty Caravan Park, very small family run site right on the shore, pub 2 minutes (pronounced Finnechty) can recommend it.

Rgds
Bill

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks like you are enjoying your motorhome Bill:Smile: Lots of people pack their motorhome away over the winter, but they are missing a lot. There is something special about being cozy in a motorhome when its snowing or raining and blowing a gale outside I love it, sounds like you do too::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back