Second Outing

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by WillH, Mar 31, 2008.

1. WillH

WillH Funster

Sadly my wifes elderly aunt passed away, luckily I got to take our new E560 to the North east of Scotland so we could attend the funeral.

Weather going up could not have been more of a trial, blizzard conditions on the A9. The first few nights we were battered by gale force winds with snow and hail, temperature well below zero. Once I got the heating going on both gas and electric not a problem, short sleeve conditions inside. the van behaved impeccably.

I was very surprised at how easy she was to drive in really atrocious weather as I am more used to a 4x4 but no slipping or sliding.

We now have over 1100 miles on the clock and shes only a month old.

BTW stayed at Findochty Caravan Park, very small family run site right on the shore, pub 2 minutes (pronounced Finnechty) can recommend it.

Rgds
    Bill

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Looks like you are enjoying your motorhome Bill:Smile: Lots of people pack their motorhome away over the winter, but they are missing a lot. There is something special about being cozy in a motorhome when its snowing or raining and blowing a gale outside I love it, sounds like you do too:BigGrin: