Seatruck (1 Viewer)

Jan 14, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 726G
Exp
since 2014
just thought I`d share my experience with Seatruck, Liverpool to Dublin.

Sailed out 18.11.16 returned 26.11.16.

First time I`ve used them.

Easy booking on my phone, good website directions to the port although I know the area very well its easy to find.

Was surprised to get a phone call the day before sailing to let me know that sailing was on time and to remind me to bring photo id, a nice touch which I also got the day before my return.

I had some business to do in Liverpool the day before sailing so got to the port at 10.30pm, they checked me in at reception then guided me to a parking bay. There are no terminal facilities at the port but that is ok as we settled down for the night, great sleep only woken by trucks passing through and loading commencing.

We were last to be loaded and had to reverse and park up the ramp to the top deck, I personally didn't find this a problem but think some would, there are no lifts and the walk to the accommodation area after squeezing through two lorry trailers was via stairs. An idea would be not to wear your best bib at that point, it could get a little dusty.

Accommodation is immaculate and we were warmly welcomed by the crew who took our order for breakfast and lunch. A cabin is included, again immaculate and ensuite.

Basic, good food and help yourself tea/coffee/etc

The return trip just as easy as the outward one, parking this time on the main deck.

The staff were brilliant at every level, friendly and helpful.

You get what look like extra tickets when you check in, these are for your exit from the port, no exit without them, whatever you do don't lose them, of course, who`d be silly enough to do that?

the cost was £99 out £129 return, both day crossings and for a 7.5m MH.

Remember its a freight service that now takes Motorhomes, sailings are restricted and places limited as they only carry a maximum of 12 passengers, No children under 12 and no disabled (probably due to no lift) and no pets.

All info available on the Seatruck website.

I`m more than happy to recommend and will be using them again.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I went from Heysham but the ship was a bit rougher than yours. It smelt of diesel fumes as the cabin was right by the stack. AC not working properly. Food fine but basic and main language Polish. Cost £99 out and £109 back but took ten hours out at night wad OK but boring as hell coming back in daytime in the rain. Cheap as chips but you get what you pay for, twice that much Plus, for facilities on passenger ferries or slum it on trailer boat. We slummed it.

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
Saving pennies I would use it no problem.
In years well gone with the kids I would have looked for something else but now good food and a bed is all I require.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back