Seat Belts in Motorhomes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jim, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I've written a quick article about Seat Belts and Motorhomes. Lots of people ask about them and are often pointed to resources elsewhere, I thought I'd remedy that and have our own point of reference. Seat Belts in Motorhomes :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  2. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

Good article Jim, which reflects my views on the subject, just wondered after reading this paragraph
    "In October 2007 it became law for the manufactures to ensure that all seats that were intended to be used for travel should have a belt fitted. This effectively means that the police or your insurance company will not look kindly should you be discovered using a seat that is not intended for travel. The manufacturer’s handbook will undoubtedly mention which seats are travel seats and which are not".
    Did they ever get round to stipulating that the seats/frames with seatbelts attached had to be type approved and designed for 3 point belts, I know when we were looking into it it became a bit of a grey area at the time but would be handy to know if anything definate ever got decided, I know in the mini coaches and the ambulance transport vehicles we have built all the seats and any floor tracking involved all had to be type approved a tested by the seat manufacturers........Mark

3. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I don't think there was mention of 3 or 2 points. But knowing the EU, which is where the directive came from, they will point to another EU standard somewhere. I'll take a look and see.