Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've written a quick article about Seat Belts and Motorhomes. Lots of people ask about them and are often pointed to resources elsewhere, I thought I'd remedy that and have our own point of reference. Broken Link Removed :thumb:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Good article Jim, which reflects my views on the subject, just wondered after reading this paragraph
"In October 2007 it became law for the manufactures to ensure that all seats that were intended to be used for travel should have a belt fitted. This effectively means that the police or your insurance company will not look kindly should you be discovered using a seat that is not intended for travel. The manufacturer’s handbook will undoubtedly mention which seats are travel seats and which are not".
Did they ever get round to stipulating that the seats/frames with seatbelts attached had to be type approved and designed for 3 point belts, I know when we were looking into it it became a bit of a grey area at the time but would be handy to know if anything definate ever got decided, I know in the mini coaches and the ambulance transport vehicles we have built all the seats and any floor tracking involved all had to be type approved a tested by the seat manufacturers........Mark

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I don't think there was mention of 3 or 2 points. But knowing the EU, which is where the directive came from, they will point to another EU standard somewhere. I'll take a look and see.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back