Seasonal question (boring but practical...) (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Saw the recent thread about Truma heating, ours is gas only and very efficient in the bedroom area but less so in the lounge/cab. We've got a Burstner Nexxo 740 (bought in France so LHD) and realise that there aren't that many vents in the lounge and none in the cab.

So any suggestions of ways to cut down draughts/improve the heating in the cab end (Fiat Ducato) and make it a bit more toasty? Thanks :)

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
First thing, check that all the hoses are firmly secured to the boiler, preferably with jubilee clips.

Secondly, close the vents in the bedroom, this will force more warm air into the lounge area.

Thirdly, purchase external thermal screens to provide additional insulation to the cab area.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Silver screens on the cab glass, that'll cut out a lot of the cold.

Hymie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Make sure that you switch the cab dashboard heater vent to recirculate and not air flow from out side before you switch the engine off. Also there are vents fitted under neath the van with a thin air flap remove these and fit genuine Fiat blanks.
@Techno did a thread on this but I can't find it.
A bit overkill but I use internal and external together winter and summer.

John.

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
As has been implied, it's the glass that causes the problem in the cab area - it's about the only place in the motorhome that isn't insulated at all.

If using campsites, then I understand that external silver screens give the best insulating results. If wilding, they are not such a good idea, in case you need to depart quickly. In the latter case, you can get internal screen sets, or use the curtains often provided by the manufacturer, but don't let them just hang - you need to get a still airspace inside the windows, not provide a tunnel for constantly cooling air!

Imaginative use of the internal trim, the curtain lining and a few pegs can work wonders behind the scenes!

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Ah thanks, all really good ideas. Especially the vent blanks - I get a terrible draught on my leg when we are driving along, have been under a blanket since September whenever we hit the road! Might stop that as well, unless anyone has any other ideas about what's causing it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back