Seasonal Pitches ?

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by scotjimland, Dec 13, 2010.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Does anyone know the occupancy rules for a seasonal pitch .. ?

ie .. can you occupy for the full term or is there a maximum number of nights you can occupy at any one time ?

my understanding was that the maximum number of nights was of 21, then you had to leave for two nights before returning, however, the van could stay on the pitch in your absence.

TIA

2. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

Hi Jim

Friends of ours at the Canterbury C&CC have to get off their seasonal pitch for two days every 21 days. They have to leave but the van can stay.

They are in Egypt at the moment.

Sonja

3. acting_strange

acting_strange

Doesn't it take more than two days to get to Egypt??????:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

Are they shark catchers?????????:Rofl1::Rofl1:

4. scotjimland

Thanks Sonja , I believe the same rule applies on CC sites, some private sites I've looked at have a 28day limit ..

Doe's anyone know if there was a national rule that applies to all sites .. or is it down to the local council who grant the license ?

5. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Jim I considered a CC seasonal pitch at Alderstead Heath and you are spot on with your info, exactly how warden explained it to me.

6. carpyone

carpyone Read Only Funster

Depends on local license conditions.
    I use a seasonal pitch as a base for 7 months of the year with no limit as to length of stay. The site though is licensed for 365 days use some vans are lived in all year round others just use at weekends through the year.

Details, facilities costs etc at www.virginialake.co.uk Site is near Kings Lynn

7. scotjimland

Hi

Thanks .. had a look at the web site, as far as I can see it is a licensed 'touring site' not residential .. that's not to say that some don't use it all year round, but AFAIK this would be in breach of the site license. Perhaps 'Nelson's eye' is being used ?

My understanding of the difference between residential and touring pitch >>

*A residential pitch is liable for council tax .. a touring pitch not ..
    *A residential pitch can be used 365 without break.. a touring pitch not ..

but I'm still looking for the regulations.. if they exist , I was hoping a site could owner point to the rules.

8. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

As far as I know the national legislation which applies is still the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 (as amended) which is now the responsibility of the Department for Communities and Local Government.

Whenever I've read the CSCDA, though, I've found it unclear as to what the limits are.

It might be worth sending a FoI request to the DCLG asking them to supply (for both residential and touring sites):
    a) details of legislation (if any) which limits the maximum number of nights which can be occupied by a single unit at any one time
    b) details of legislation (if any) which provides a power for a local authority to make any such limit a condition of the site licence.

Contact details for making a FoI request to the DCLG are Here.

Graham

9. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

A friend of mine had a static on a site in Northumberland. The site licence required the site to be closed for 1 month per year. The operator closed February. Otherwise the vans were occupied all of the remaining 11 months.

10. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

possibly different rules but a local STATIC HOLIDAY park has an 11 month limt....closed all december.
    after that, they say it becomes a fully residential park and different rules/regs apply. re: poll tax, water rates etc

11. scotjimland

Some councils don't think so ...

12. carpyone

carpyone Read Only Funster

Half the siteis licensed for touring and the other has a 12 month license. If you are interested give Ted tthe site owner a phone call and he will confirm any conditions.

www.virginialake.co.uk