Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi everyone

Just back from a fab 8 days at Searles. Halloween was great, we organised trick or treat and all the motorhomes and caravans in our area took part with the children meeting up a 5pm having carved their pumpkins and put on their costumes, lots of grown ups dressed up too. The atmosphere was just fun .

Some of the motorhomes had some fantastic halloween gadgets and toys with scary tombstones, flying witches, noisy goblins, skeletons blow up ghosts and an array of halloween lights it was great fun.

Now for anyone who visits Searles I have it on good authority that the pricing system is changing.

Charges for touring will be based both on pitch size and pitch type - the bigger the pitch the more you pay. All prices are being increased and I was shocked to be told the charge for a dog will be £3 per night - so I have duly requested gold plated dog bins :ROFLMAO: but I dont think somehow that will happen ::bigsmile:

If you are thinking of booking Searles for next year and you can afford to book and pay in full before the end of December you will get - I believe a 10% reduction - but double check with the site.

Jim - I am out of motorhomefun flyers - so some more would be appreciated xxxxxx

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Glad you had a good time Gail, sounds like it.:thumb:

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
We went to Searles a couple of years ago cracking site not the cheapest but definately a good well organised camp

glad you enjoyed it :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Tis one of our 'local' ones.. We have been there a few times but do find it a little regimented and the ever present and numerous security guards I personally fiind intimidating.. One could say that they are doing a job and keeping me safe, but safe from what ? Sunny Hunny is not exactly the crime hot spot of Narfooook ! :ROFLMAO:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The location is also very good with walks along the prom and a variety of shops and entertainment to wander

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Funsters

We have just returned from staying at Searles for 3 nights, never been before and really enjoyed it. Arrived Sunday afternoon and the site was quiet as folk had probarbly heard we were coming, lol. Headed straight to the Country club for lunch, so good when you know you can just stop and go without the hassle of awnings and unpacking the car. Then Emily took us swimming, a nice pool which is all round the same depth which is good for me because if I cant touch the floor I panic!! Bonus it was warm but temperature did go cooler after 2 days. The pool and Captain Willeys play centre were the only things open until Tuesday when the Mariners restaurant opened along with the Sundancer. By Tuesday night the site was nearly full, never having been away to a touring site at Xmas before I couldnt believe it, the amount of people that are as mad as us. We paid £20 a night and for that we got EHU, water and drains which we thought was good value for money after being quoted £43 a night somewhere in Lincolnshire and I doubt we'd of had a better time, especially when I have had a cold all over Xmas. Being close to the sea front was good and Graham and Emily cycled to Heacham and back, another time when I feel up to it I will join them. Emily was overjoyed when she eventually dropped the ultimate prize in the 2p machines, which was a lollipop covered in a £5 note, Graham wasnt so overjoyed as it cost about £15 to win it. All in all we had a realy good time and will definately recommend it to families or those without as the atmosphere was welcoming and close enough to home to go for a long weekend.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, been there a few times now and love the way all the pitches are set out individually.
We did find it was a little regimented, but that is usually at peak times only.
Seem to remember WiFi was also available ( but it has been a good few months and sites since we were there ! ::bigsmile: )

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Yep they have Wifi but you have to pay so we have a dongle which is prepaid to Vodaphone and lasts quite a while if Emily doesnt download films to the laptop

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back