Searching for the right MH

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by john-A, Apr 11, 2010.

1. john-A

john-A Read Only Funster

Hello
    I’m still searching for the right MH but I think we are narrowing the search, a little so here is a question for you knowable people out there.
    Does anyone know if there is an A class Hymer with an oven and a rear bed the bed must be on the side with access to the bottom and one side so either of us can get up in the night without having to make to other get out of bed (happens a lot as I get older).

2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

3. janeousswim

janeousswim

hymer motorhome

Hi you should look at the Hymer Exsis 562 the rear bed is 6ft x6ft wide, however it is two longditudal single beds or double that has access from the centre via two steps see listing http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120555215934&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
    In other words you can enter/exit the bed without disturbing your partner. Hymers do not have ovens but you could have one fitted after. Hope this helps

4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Dunno about a Hymer buthave an A class Rapido with a fixed rear bed, unfortunately the websites rather skinny on details as the vans still at home waiting for it to be delivered down to dealership, over 3500kg and I cant drive it:cry:

RAPIDO 986M AUTO MERCEDES MOTORHOME 2003

There are three A Class Hymers on the website

Might give you some ideas.

Peter

5. lebesset

lebesset Read Only Funster

over 3,500 Kg licence?

current or older model ?

the MH I mean , not you

6. john-A

john-A Read Only Funster

I used to be in the Royal Corps of Transport and have driven most things in the past, I used to hold a HGV many years ago.
    Would have to be older model as max of 20k to spend
    I am 57 so dont mind taking a test but we hope to spend a month or two away each year touring France and Spain when retired so would like to keep the size and cost of fuel down as we will be on a very limited buget

7. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Hi John, I hope you find what you want, as has already been said an oven can be fitted to any van so long as there's a suitable space to put it (and you've got the dosh left over!).

One thing to watch though is the payload - make sure that any MH you are thinking of buying is put on a weighbridge so you know exactly what's left (and make sure you know what was in the MH when it was weighed too - an empty water take doesn't weigh much, but put 100 litres of water in it and that's 100kg of payload gone.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs .... :Blush:

8. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi,

You should be OK if you have grandfather rights and still have a C1 on your license, unfortunately over 70 the poxy DVLA remove the C1 and you have to go through beaurocracy to get it back.

And they take their time doing it!

Peter