uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Been having a good look at this website
http://www.searchforsites.co.uk
It really is good, a bit clunky at times, but I have tried places we know but arnt in our books, it doesn't actually list Britstops but sites at pubs and things are there , and aires in France , good enough for anything , now it's nothing to me, and I don't know what the bloke is hopeing to get out of it, but as far as i can see it's got everything you could need to find somewhere to stop, even wild camping spots.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Very useful, saves checking the CC and C&CC when searching for sites especially when a member of both.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Just registered too, dead easy to use, thanks Chaser .!!

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Excellent -Thank you very much Chaser

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
It's very useful if you're heading through France. Just click at the top on 'search' select country and then region.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Have had it a while, and yes it is clunky and undeveloped in my opinion...

My advice, create an App and charge a reasonable amount for it. Chap is on a few forums and is really nice, and held my hand through some earlier issues I had with it..I wish him will as it deserves to succeed:)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Have had it a while, and yes it is clunky and undeveloped in my opinion...

My advice, create an App and charge a reasonable amount for it. Chap is on a few forums and is really nice, and held my hand through some earlier issues I had with it..I wish him will as it deserves to succeed:)
Can't you get him to come on here, and when you look at it, it's not really hurting the cc or ccc, you are still paying the site, same with France passion you will still be buying their stuff, just finding them for you.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Can't you get him to come on here, and when you look at it, it's not really hurting the cc or ccc, you are still paying the site, same with France passion you will still be buying their stuff, just finding them for you.

Done..just emailed Ian :)

redjohn151

Free Member
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer b534
Exp
I'm a newbie
Great site I've signed up many thanks

Although the email lnk they sent me won"t let me activate account

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Thanks for this:)

I've just registered, got the confirmation email which although it says 'click the link' doesn't seem to do anything......
It will let me log on but with a 'account not authorized' message????
Does itvtake a minute or two does anyone know please?

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I registered last night and I am still getting same message as you @Debs

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Cheers, did you think the email link did anything - wasn't sure if it's because I'm on an ipad?

trevorf

Free Member
Feb 19, 2014
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I have been using "search for sites" for over a year now and have done a few reviews. Find it a great resource when planning a trip. Just be aware that it is not always up to date though. I have found a few CL's sites listed that are closed. To be fair it must be a real pain keeping CL's and CS's up to date as there are constantly closing and new ones added. Must be the same situation for French aires. I have informed the site owner of the inveteracies and he has immediately updated.

Trevor

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It is indeed iPad related
Using an ordinary PC the link in the email sent works just fine.

I appreciate iPads have their uses ( indeed we both have one ) but until either apple accept the world is dominated by microsoft and bring their stuff in line, or people with web sites accept there are many iPad users, this issue will not be resolved ( as a by the by, just tried registering with a different name and email addy and opened the mail on my android fone.. Link worked perfectly so it really is only apple products than seem to have the issue

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have been using "search for sites" for over a year now and have done a few reviews. Find it a great resource when planning a trip. Just be aware that it is not always up to date though. I have found a few CL's sites listed that are closed. To be fair it must be a real pain keeping CL's and CS's up to date as there are constantly closing and new ones added. Must be the same situation for French aires. I have informed the site owner of the inveteracies and he has immediately updated.

Trevor
That's all the more reason as to why he would want to go to all the trouble to keep it updated , can't see what he gets out of it, and I see on the 'about 'page that he has been banned from 'facts, ' for his pains, excellent that it is , can't see how he can keep it maintained for nowt!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

I appreciate iPads have their uses ( indeed we both have one ) but until either apple accept the world is dominated by microsoft and bring their stuff in line, or people with web sites accept there are many iPad users, this issue will not be resolved ( as a by the by, just tried registering with a different name and email addy and opened the mail on my android fone.. Link worked perfectly so it really is only apple products than seem to have the issue
I don't use anything but iPad and I joined , no problem, I think you might find that even though it says you havnt you may well have been registered

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
And yet there is more , if you go to the top of the first page there is a yellow link that says download , apparently if you get so many "points" you can download it all in to your garmin, means nothing to me as I havnt got one, but it's there for all who have

Reactions: kcy

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision

I've just tried via my android phone and have the same problem so I'm just firing up the laptop to try but that takes a while:rolleyes:.....prob user error anyway knowing me:D

Edit: link has activated via the lappy

Last edited:
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Another grateful user. Works ok for me on Android tablet.

Gandhi

Free Member
Sep 9, 2014
Near Glossop
Funster No
MH
bessacar E496
Exp
5 years
That's all the more reason as to why he would want to go to all the trouble to keep it updated , can't see what he gets out of it, and I see on the 'about 'page that he has been banned from 'facts, ' for his pains, excellent that it is , can't see how he can keep it maintained for nowt!

If he gets enough traffic going through his site he'll start getting approached by advertisers who will pay him. So I reckon if we all use the site lots it would be our way of saying thanks.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
As a direct result of having signed up and had a look around France on the map I was so impressed by the number of new France Passion sites that I ordered the book ! I just hope that the searchforsites tays open since it is a brilliant tool !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back