Searchforsites download help please (1 Viewer)

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
I'm trying to download bookmarks from Search for Sites to import to maps.me. I've done this previously, only for specific countries.

Now for the life of me I can't seem to download just e.g. France or Spain. How/where do I select the country?

Looking at the download page where I can select 'colour' and 'type' then click download. Previously I remember seeing the country here also.

Thanks, Karen

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
i done it about 20 mins ago after looking at it for ages. instructions coming up next

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Controversially , i chose the France passion sites in pink (I am a member of france passion and will be joining next year).

The first thing i did was download every area of france onto my phone. (I dont know if this is necessary)

Then i opened up Safari (the instructions state to do this on ipad but i did it on my laptop safari and i normally use chrome) and because i had sufficient points in the bag i was able to go to the download section and select KML file. It then gave me a choice of what i wanted to download so i chose france passion and pink and then clicked "save".

What on earth happened ow i thought to myself....... so i found the file in "Downloads" and i right clicked and send to... this is where it said my email isnt attached to something so i opened my email and and opened up a new email to send, then i selected "add a file" and then it gave me the choice of selecting downloads so i did and then sent it to myself.

Now my phone is synced with my email account so opened up the email on the phone then pressed the attached document (The kml file of pink france passion) and it asked me how i would like to open it. So i chose Maps.me and now my mapsme france looks like a frigging flamingo. It worked !!! Astounded. It really was that easy. I almost feel like making a video and uploading it!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
reckless
Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
LOL thanks @suavecarve

I'm just ploughing through this procedure myself. I'm sure there's a quicker way for those more techie than me but as long as I get the updated maps, bookmarks for our next trip I'll be happy.

What I like about this is it works with GPS, don't need a phone or internet signal to find nearby stopping places. And route mapping too. On our last trip it was more useful than hubby's satnav.

Karen

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I m going to download it all onto onto a defunct tablet and take a lot of france off on my mobile. then download the voice commands for Maps.me onto the tablet and all the france passion sites, aires with services, aires without services and wild camping sites. I am also going to try downloading the searchforsites files onto the chinese satnav as POIs (this sounds so simple so doesnt it)

I was wondering whether you could bluetooth the file over or even save it from the phone/tablet you were going to upload it on ! The trick for me was to open the file using maps.me (Arent all these free things brilliant?)

And now I have learnt that my laptop has a camera that can take a photo and upload a picture of my mobile phone with a download of searchforsites onto maps.me . All i need now is an emoji :xlaugh:

Attachments

• WIN_20161205_21_37_00_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20161205_21_37_00_Pro.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 17

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Update: I have downloaded what i want with different colours then sent them to myself on email and opened the email then the attached document.
Having previously downloaded the whole of france onto maps.me i then selected the "preview" option instead of "save" and this automatically uploaded all the locations into maps.me. Everyones a winner

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back