Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi all
I'm not sure if this is in the correct section so apologies if it isn't.
We have a '57 plate Bolero which has the white skirting going around the outside of the main body, some of the joints don't look great, not only going black but splits in them as well, having already had an issue on the n/s with damp I'd like to re seal all these joints and remove/ refit filler caps and locker doors so that I know they are sorted. My questions are...what's the best mastic/ flexible material to use to undertake these jobs, is the joint between this white skirting and silver side panels purely cosmetic or would I need to completely remove these skirts, re fix and seal
Thanks in advance
Dave

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
I know nothing about the Bolero but in my experience the skirts are merely cosmetic. Have a look underneath - the sealed 'box' of the habitation area will be on top of the chassis and the skirts probably hang down below and around it. I believe that Sikaflex is the stuff to re-bond them, but there are several types and I'm not competent to tell you which one to use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Petest

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
New convert
I was a bit worried about a trim on mine. I could pull the top back to see gunk and algae under it.
I cleaned it up then used some Hodgson CV seam sealer. It's a non setting mastic /putty type. It's a cream colour rather than white so I'll change it at some point.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back