SEALING A SHOWER TRAY (1 Viewer)

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
It was a wet day in southern France and behold, upon cleaning out the shower, I discovered that the brown trim that goes around the edge of the shower door was meant to clip the edge of the shower tray; it does not. It is a Tribute T620, now coming up 6 years old and presumably this was like it when it was new and I'd never noticed it before. Question is, what do I use to seal a gap/void between the shower tray and the door entrance and then seal down this pesky trim? Most grateful for the pool of information you Funsters possess! By the way, I was tempted to use industrial strength clear duct tape to hold it all together - and that is still "plan B"!

Deleted User
I am not an expert but I have used Sikaflex, can't remember which one, in similar situations as it is a sealant and adhesive.

I have a badly cracked shower tray in my static caravan that I have repaired with a sheet of rubber(expensive) and used Sikaflex to stick it down and seal, worked so far.

Someone with more knowledge will be along soon:)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
As already said..

in the past I have also used bathroom silicon sealer .. A good quality one that is also has a fungicide..

pump it in to fill the void then replace the trim..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sealing trims to shower doors can be very trying. the biggest issue being any soap residue which even in minute amounts will stop most glues and sealants binding properly
my advice is to go on ebay and buy a new length of the correct profile silicon shower door seal. I had to do this to repair a door on my mums shower. she had one of those large disabled accessible 2 door shower cubicles. the rubber on the bottom of the door wore out and came adrift after a few years. first i tried glue, then various sealants but nothing worked. then when looking for a car door seal on ebay i found a seller with all manner of shower door profiles. took the door off and slid out the old seal and measured and took a photo on my phone. easily matched the profile i needed and it was delivered in about 3 days. no more leaks since fitting

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back