Sealing a cracked shower tray (1 Viewer)

nomad

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1982
Hi When I had a crack in my shower tray I used Sikaflex (sorry can't remember the number but I had used it to stick things to my motorhome roof) and after I applied it I "smoothed it over" by covering it with clingfilm which I removed when it had set.
Colin

Bacchus

Free Member
Jul 27, 2015
Staines
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer
Exp
since 2011
I smeared a bit of bathroom sealant over mine as a temporary fix... nearly five years ago...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Yes used it when our tray cracked just before we left for Morocco in December. Worked great so far. Shower has been used daily since then with no problems. Just remember to work it in well.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Best stuff I found , & what I used , is the silicon that you use to stick the glass fish tanks together. made by Dow-Corning-
I cracked mine on way to Uk last year & got this in a French Bricolage place. Did the job perfectly until I got back & repaired it properly-

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
When we cracked ours we got a company in to spray it I think it was speedycoat very good job. No idea if it's still ok as sold the van although it did come with lifetime garuntee

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
We've used Bluetack as a temporary repair which has been working OK for the last year. The damaged area is small probably cause by a high screw head under the tray. We wondered if Sugru would make a more permanent repair but maybe not. Thanks all again

Aug 29, 2012
North Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Panel van conversion
Exp
since 2011
When we cracked ours we got a company in to spray it I think it was speedycoat very good job. No idea if it's still ok as sold the van although it did come with lifetime garuntee

We had SPEEDCOTE applied to our damaged shower tray some three years ago and it is still as good as the day it was done. It's not cheap at around £300 but it really does do the job.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Has anyone used Sugru as a sealer for a leaking shower tray? If so did it work and any advise you may have from using it. Thanks in advance.

https://sugru.com/about
May well work but it would be essential to make sure that what ever caused the initial damage cannot happen again. Speedcote use structural foam below the tray to stop flexing and to my mind that is as important as sealing the crack

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
We had SPEEDCOTE applied to our damaged shower tray some three years ago and it is still as good as the day it was done. It's not cheap at around £300 but it really does do the job.
We have a chap coming on the 20th May to "Speedcoat" our tray, so nice to read it is worth the wait (8 weeks).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back