LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hi, we foolishly bought into this idea last year thinking we would get good value and flexibility. Now we find we have not had a chance to use the last trip and as they won't carry it over, it a expensive way of putting your money in their coffers.:Doh:

Anyone else found themselves in the same position,

Richard

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
No, I'm a "pay as you go" type of person but dont worry about it.

No matter what sought of a good deal you may get, there's always somebody around to Black Cat you and beat your deal.
Jim
:Smile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi, we foolishly bought into this idea last year thinking we would get good value and flexibility. Now we find we have not had a chance to use the last trip and as they won't carry it over, it a expensive way of putting your money in their coffers.:doh:

Anyone else found themselves in the same position,

richard
you are allowed to sell a pair of crossings on, why not offer them to FUNSTERS

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'm like Jim, turn up and go ... probably not the cheapest method but if plans change, as they often do, it's not a problem.

Sure, you can hunt around for ferry fares to save a few quid but when your going to spend hundreds if not thousands on a trip.. what real difference does it make.

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
I'm on my 2nd year and will get the same next year.
I like the brainless approach of just arriving and guarenteeing next ferry!

They will allow you to sell/give one away (as I've done before).

Saying that I've just booked (via email) my last crossing and the return is over 3 weeks after it expired but they didn't even question it! Cool! :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I like the brainless approach of just arriving and guarenteeing next ferry!

that's one way of looking at it, .. not my way

We don't run to a timetable... that's why I bought a motorhome, also, when you are away for several months there is no rush, catching the next available ferry , not the NEXT ferry is fine by me..

we've never been delayed by more than a few hours.. time to chill out and relax and watch the world go by.. :winky: I had forty years of meeting deadlines and schedules ...

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
We were in the same position a couple of years ago. We had one return crossing left and no time to use it. Phoned SeaFrance and explained the situation, and they agreed to extend the period for another 4 months to enable to use it.

Got to be worth a phone call, nothing ventured - nothing gained.

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
that's one way of looking at it, .. not my way

We don't run to a timetable... that's why I bought a motorhome, also, when you are away for several months there is no rush, catching the next available ferry , not the NEXT ferry is fine by me..

we've never been delayed by more than a few hours.. time to chill out and relax and watch the world go by.. :winky: I had forty years of meeting deadlines and schedules ...

You may have misunderstood.
I book a rough date when I know I have to be back by (say 30 September) - and as long as I turn up before that date I am guarenteed a place on the next or the next but one ferry. So the carnet gives guarentees and flexibility with, in effect, no need to book.
Seems to be the cheapest and most fully flexible way

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I find the best deal for me is to book Norfolkline one way about a week before I leave and then do the same when am ready to come back,normaly from an internet cafe.
That way I get the best price and if I am not in a hurry to get back what does it matter.

OP
OP
Scotties

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks .....

Thanks guys (and galls) for the advice, but Seafrance have come through and had no problem with reschedulling beyond the ticket expiry date.::bigsmile:

A very nice Customer Relations Manager called Michelle rang and got the bookings dep to change the dates.

The main reason we did the carnet offer was its total flexibility and guarantee of getting you on this, or the next sailing, plus no hidden costs.

Its nice to applaud good service when you get it,

Again thanks for the advice:thumb:

Richard

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back