Sea front parking blackpool

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by SpongeBobsDad, Mar 17, 2010.

1. SpongeBobsDad

SpongeBobsDad Read Only Funster

Can anyone clarify this, motor homes banned from parking on the seafront at Blackpool.

2. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

See Here. The council told me that, with regards to on street parking, as Traffic Orders vary throughout the town it is recommended that motorists check the restrictions in force at that place when parking.

The council's contact number is 01253 477477. Might be worth giving them a ring.

Graham

3. Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind Read Only Funster

I tend to use the Bispham & Norbrick End. The Road Drops off to a Promenade drive along the sea wall (to be avoided on stormy nights). It is reputed to be a gay zone,:Rofl1: but I have never been bothered.:Blush:

Don

4. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

Make your mind up !!

What does that say underneath "Don"...???...:Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

5. SpongeBobsDad

Take a look at this post I saw when I was browsing another another web site about banning motor home parking on Blackpool prom.

posted on ukcampsite.co.uk

I applaud Blackpool council on this matter

I have recently been working on the new improvements on Blackpool seafront

This is a Multi million pound Improvement with all new tramlines, New Promenade

Even new trams

The last thing that is needed is a Rag tag collection of clapped out tranny van conversions sat along the new promenade for days or even weeks at atime !

this was obviously posted by a jealous none m/home owner who is no fun at all.

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Just had a look at that thread on UK Campsite.

Interesting to see that the next post is
    Also interesting to see one further down
    Once again - just as with Bamburgh - it seems that it is the selfish few who spoil it for the responsible many.

Graham

7. SpongeBobsDad

I agree Graham, the mindless minority spoil it again.

8. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Cant imagine why anyone would want to go to Blackpool let alone park there...:BigGrin:

9. laneside

laneside Funster

laneside

Me neither last time I was there I renamed the Golden Mile, now we refer to it as:-
    Dog Poo Mile or words to that effect

10. ips

ips Read Only Funster

:thumb:

11. oddjob

oddjob Read Only Funster

Not so much gays more like dirty old men hanging around the toilets,Whats that all about???
    The toilets have gone now and so have the dirty old men,some times in the summer(what summer you say)going past on the bike Ive counted as many as 25 motorhomes there,
    Nearly all the work on Cleveleys prom has now been completed and the poo pipe that was damaged when Riverdance grounded has now been completed (8 months )
    please dont compare cleveleys to Blackpool its another world
    oddjob

12. Terry and Nicola

Terry and Nicola Read Only Funster

parking

HI ALL
    I musy say have no idea about over night parking on the prom but i only live up the road in Thornton and all off last summer there were alot off motorhomes parked on the prom .i go down the prom about 7.30 in the morning so most must be staying over night i do the same park up over night like on the prom in dover .Has any one been moved on from the prom in blackpool :thumb::thumb:

13. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

When we was there in October we stayed at the Solarium Centre as recomended by several folk on here
    Excellent venue with a handy toilet block and warm water on tap to have a splash with in the morning ( 20p to open the door though )

14. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Rather you than me mate, most campsite toilets are bad enough but a public one......ooh you can forget that.

15. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Amazingly it was absolutely immaculate ! The Solarium is way out of reach of the usual pleasure beach dweller.. AND there was a woman came round twice whilst we was there to clean it all out..

It seems to be used almost exclusively by vanner's ( a good many from on here actually !) so you can bet it is kept very nice indeed

16. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Oh probably better than most caravan parks then :thumb:

17. Peter James

Peter James Read Only Funster

I have a nice new motorhome too.

But I don't consider myself superior to those who can only afford a 'clapped out Tranny van conversion.'

18. twoofakind

twoofakind Read Only Funster

:Rofl1:We've just been trying to think of a nice way of saying Blackpool, Blackpool, don't think so. Probably only clapped out van owners would want to park there which is why whatsisname thinks all motorhomes are rubbish. The council may be trying to take Blackpool 'up market'. No chance! We would'nt go back if they paid us. Spend our money elsewhere.:helptitanic::Rofl1:

19. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

Thanks Spongebobsdad, I have just been over to the other forum and read the thread, I see that even motorhoming blue badge holders are not allowed to park on the front and other than the coach park there is no real alternative parking provision made for motorhomes, be it a disabled persons or not
    Blackpool would appear to be following other seaside resort towns in the banning of motorhomes on the front.

20. SpongeBobsDad

Hi Peter

I think you have misinterpreted the post i placed i do not and would never condemn another persons mode of transport. especially their motor home, I don`t care what a person drives as long as they are enjoying what they do . The post i added was copied from another web site written by someone else not me.
    The point i was trying to get over is how some people, obviously not a motor home owner, have their own bias views on motor homes.