Scratches on windows

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by caroh, Jul 16, 2009.

1. caroh

caroh Funster

I have seen somewhere some suggestions as to how to remove scratches from motorhome windows, but I can't seem to find any info. Please can someone advise me the best way to go about it, and which product to use. I would be most grateful for any suggestions. Thanks.

2. savantuk

savantuk Read Only Funster

Hi,

Bad scratches can be removed with tooth paste, or Solvol Autosol chrome polish, followed by T-Cut, then Brasso for a final polish.

I also use a preparation called 'Polywatch', which is intended for removing scratches from acrylic watch crystals.

There are proprietory polishes available, but all work on the principle of removing the scratch with mild abrasives.

You pay your money, and make your choice:Smile:

Good luck.

3. Melian

Melian Funster

I just us a small bit of Brasso

4. Mike-H

Mike-H Deleted User

I used Fenwicks scratch remover. It was ok but I imagine there are plenty alternatives that are cheaper for the same result. I used my DA polisher/sander to speed up the process.

5. lufcdave7

lufcdave7 Read Only Funster

:Smile:After our trip to Devon and Cornwall we were very worried about the bad window scratches we picked up down the narrow lanes. A wet cloth and tcut bumped 'em off then a good polish with Mr Muscle...good as new.

6. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

I have in the past used various polishes, with success, but now don't bother as I like country lanes and find that I would be always polishing, as it seems the more I get them off more appear.:cry:Funny it seems that I don't get half as many, since stopping polishing.

Dave