Scratches in laquer

Discussion in 'Motorhome Detailing' started by stevec, Oct 7, 2016.

1. stevec

stevec Funster

I have found one or two small scratches in the lacquer on the cab of my Ducato. I believe they were made by the plastic back of the extendable brush I was using to wash it with. What is an effective way of filling these in or at least reducing their visability? The cab is a dark blue/grey colour and the scratches are quite noticable up close.

2. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Here we would use a cutting compound such as G3 or even 1200 grit wet and dry then t cut and polish , but suggest you simply T Cut them out
    More effort More time less danger
    G

• Like Like x 1
  3. stevec

stevec Funster

Just wondering if I could carefully paint in a bit of lacquer (I have some in a touchup kit), let it harden for a couple of weeks then wet and dry it back. They are a bit more than a surface scratch. I can feel them with my nail.

4. ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd Funster

I wouldn't recommend painting, it would scream at you when you look at it & its damned near impossible to do it successfully at home. Try using a high quality polish & follow that up by waxing the cab properly, just polishing should hide the scratches but to keep them hidden, the wax seals it all in, adding protection as a bonus.

5. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

You would finish up with a scratch you can see but not feel:rolleyes: