Scramble to book CC sites (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
The usual scramble to book the best CC sites for 2009 started yesterday (a delayed start), I made a mistake with a booking and could not change it on line (did eventually), so tried to phone the booking line and got a massager to say they were too busy. I think that this is appalling, giving priority to members with the internet over those that do not.

Ralph

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I have been trying to book the site in York for the last three years on the CC opening day. I have never been successful.

Sonja

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Well at least I managed to book three stops at Rowntree Park,its the first time a got Saturdays though.

Ralph

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
The usual scramble to book the best CC sites for 2009 started yesterday (a delayed start), I made a mistake with a booking and could not change it on line (did eventually), so tried to phone the booking line and got a massager to say they were too busy. I think that this is appalling, giving priority to members with the internet over those that do not.

Ralph

A "massager" are you sure that you have the correct website !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Ralph

I dont think they were giving priority to 'tinterweb users........so many people will try to book by phone.

when you look on most CC sites the average age is about 75 and to many older folks the web is a black art to be avoided at all cost or they book by phone "'cos we always have".

just curious......Im sure people have their reasons but doesnt booking a site months in advance take from the pleasure of a motorhomes ability to go when and where you want without a fixed agenda...:Confused:

tin hat on and ready for the flak......:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Ralph-Dot
Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Flak ---- If you want a cheep break away, in the centre of one of the best places in the world (York), using the motorhome is the only way to do it and to do that with the CC you have to book well in advance. I do not book anywhere other than York, but you need to.

Ralph

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back