Scottish Government agree Loch Lomond camping ban. (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
?

Deleted User
If anything this will only push the problem wider although it hasn't ever been restricted to the banned areas. I've seen the lack of respect all over the place during my tenting days. I overnighted many times in my last van in different places around the loch and have not been bothered by anyone.

Cant remember if the report i was reading a while back was Ben Nevis or the Cairngorms but it was talking about the rubbish being Ton's taken of the mountain every year so its been widespread for some time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
i remember walking around Loch vennacre a few years back and being dismayed at the rubbish lying next to the loch side that was close to the road , ive seen photographs of the Rab C Nesbit types after they have chopped a growing tree down to provide fire wood ,they sit there with generators and tv,s thinking that they are camping ,the NEDS (non educated delinquents ) swigging from their bottles of Buckfast and generally turning one of the most beautifull areas of the UK into a rubbish dump.

This is one of the few times i agree with Nicola Sturgeon , personally i would confiscate the vehicles of the litter louts and any of their camping gear and then fine them heavily

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
i remember walking around Loch vennacre a few years back and being dismayed at the rubbish lying next to the loch side that was close to the road , ive seen photographs of the Rab C Nesbit types after they have chopped a growing tree down to provide fire wood ,they sit there with generators and tv,s thinking that they are camping ,the NEDS (non educated delinquents ) swigging from their bottles of Buckfast and generally turning one of the most beautifull areas of the UK into a rubbish dump.

This is one of the few times i agree with Nicola Sturgeon , personally i would confiscate the vehicles of the litter louts and any of their camping gear and then fine them heavily

Not disagreeing with any of your comments,but we are taking about behaviour within a national park which already has wardens and rules... do you think enough effort was made to police the above behaviour and if not will replacing that with a ban solve the problem... They still have to enforce it.. If they couldn't before what will change?? Thats what I keep coming back to.
Andy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not disagreeing with any of your comments,but we are taking about behaviour within a national park which already has wardens and rules... do you think enough effort was made to police the above behaviour and if not will replacing that with a ban solve the problem... They still have to enforce it.. If they couldn't before what will change?? Thats what I keep coming back to.
Andy
As mentioned this morning (#27 above) isn't the point that the sanctions for existing behaviour like littering were insufficient?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
As mentioned this morning (#27 above) isn't the point that the sanctions for existing behaviour like littering were insufficient?
Yes Graham I follow that,but the logic is then to impose a ban???
I would have thought that giving them more power if that was what was needed and actually be seen to enforce them would have been an easier less expensive and better option to start with..
Andy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes Graham I follow that,but the logic is then to impose a ban???
I would have thought that giving them more power if that was what was needed and actually be seen to enforce them would have been an easier less expensive and better option to start with..
Andy
But the ban is the measure which gives the extra power required isn't it?
Even with the ban, only 5% of the National Park is affected.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
But the ban is the measure which gives the extra power required isn't it?
Yes but the point I'm making rather badly is that is ott... I'm sure the necessary powers with sufficient deterrent could be put in place without a ban.
Andy

evira

Free Member
Oct 22, 2015
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
since 2002
there is no doubt this is a complex issue, but you don't get messy drunken campers setting up on the golf course or anywhere else where there is a local guardian because they know they will get chased or hassled to leave.
If there is a positive side to the ban, they say it has jagged many local businesses and landowners into proposing a whole range of initiatives to improve facilities in general for visitors and campers.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Yes but the point I'm making rather badly is that is ott... I'm sure the necessary powers with sufficient deterrent could be put in place without a ban.
Andy
I think they have tried alternatives. As @evira says there is a positive side. There are already official camping places for motorhomes where there were none before and more to come.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back