Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 1984
Hi, my name is Gitta and I'm new to this forum.

Have just come back from a tour of Scotland and thought that some of you may like to know of some wild camping spaces we have stayed at.

OBAN: at Loch Nell, off A816 sp Kilmore, bottom edge of loch near a small waterworks propery - big layby/pull off

SKYE: B8083 Loch Slapin - several pull-offs along this road - best for views near Torrin, large space for several cars/motorhomes
Also off A85: drive past the entrance to Dunvegan Castle on unclassified road sp Claigan, there are several pull-offs which won't obstruct the passing places

ULLAPOOL: off A835 on unclassified road to Summer Isles and Achiltibuie - several pull-offs of different sizes

CRIEFF: A822 between Crieff and turn-off for B8083 along river - 3 pull-offs close together and quite level - busy road but reasonably quiet at night

PEEBLES: off A72 near Peebles on unclassified road sp Kirkton Manor - large pull-off by picnic site along river - lovely valley and very quiet

Happy for anyone to email if you want more information.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi & welcome to MotorhomeFun :Smile:
Thanks for the information :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gitta

Gitta

Free Member
Jun 24, 2011
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Since 1984
Thanks for that Gitta and welcome to the Fun,how was the trip and how many miles did you clock up ?
lets see some pics

Hi and thanks for the friendly welcome. Trip was great, took 3 weeks over it and clocked up around 1200 miles. Weather a bit mixed, hot when the sun was out, otherwise fairly cold. Have attached one photo as a trial since I'm still very new to this site and not sure I've done it right. Any particular areas you're interested in: too many pics to attach otherwise.

How did you manage to get that pic attached to your details??

Regards, Gitta

Attachments

• 80 Achnabuilte.jpg
    80 Achnabuilte.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 19

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp