Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Arrived at a lay-by on the A87 by the side of a dam,snow capped mountains in the distance,:thumb: in blazing sunshine, parked up, got chairs out along with an ice cold drinks and started to read my book, the position of the motorhome allowed us watch a blood red sunset disappear over the mountains, then got on to make dinner, before we knew it, it was ever so dark, around 10o/clock went outside to see the stars, no light pollution, no noise except for a cry of a distant stag, the sweet smell of the heather, million of stars above us, so dark, the van that is white and silver is now just black, the silhouette of the mountains barely showing, we are alone, nobody else for miles around. Had a lovely sleep and the best view to wake up to. This, is Scotland at its best:Smile:

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
That`s the Magic of Scotland for you::bigsmile:...enjoy and may you be amazed around every corner::bigsmile:

....we`ll be there in a couple of weeks :thumb:::bigsmile::thumb:

Geoff

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Arrived at a lay-by on the A87 by the side of a dam,snow capped mountains in the distance,:thumb: in blazing sunshine, parked up, got chairs out along with an ice cold drinks and started to read my book, the position of the motorhome allowed us watch a blood red sunset disappear over the mountains, then got on to make dinner, before we knew it, it was ever so dark, around 10o/clock went outside to see the stars, no light pollution, no noise except for a cry of a distant stag, the sweet smell of the heather, million of stars above us, so dark, the van that is white and silver is now just black, the silhouette of the mountains barely showing, we are alone, nobody else for miles around. Had a lovely sleep and the best view to wake up to. This, is Scotland at its best:Smile:

Rabi Burns could not have written it better:ROFLMAO:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
sounds lovely must go there oh forgot i stay in Scotland:ROFLMAO: its a lovely place and loads to see enjoy the rest of your hols

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Every Year i must have my fix a week on the West Coast of Scotland (June This Year)

BILL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Alfa_Scud

Free Member
Oct 29, 2009
East Lancs
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Sod off !:moon2:

I hate smug gits on holiday :ROFLMAO:

Jealous? Me? Naaaah. :cry:

Oh, go on then, have a great time - I suppose :Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Have to have our fix of Scotland 6 weeks twice a year, No place like it, not long now for the off.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
We set off for Scotland on the 11th June, haven`t got a set plan other than we want to eat at Mckays in Durness.
Only had the Motor home since October so this will be our first wild-camping venture.
So looking forward to it even more now since reading your post.
have fun and enjoy.:thumb:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Just back yesterday, up to Scourie drove through hail and snow storms but once up there, fantastic. Went to walk to Sandwood Bay 2 hour walk but worth it, spectacular, then down to Arisaig for a few nights, camp site next to beach. Then stop off at Loch Lomond on the way home, who needs to go abroad when we have such fantastic places to see.

jennyd

Free Member
May 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just under a year
We are off to scotland on 29 May - for 6 days - wish it could be longer but it is our first week away taking a rather boisterous Boxer, praying for some nice weather!!!:Sad:

niblue

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
C-class
Exp
We live in Edinburgh and everytime we get a long weekend or a free weeks holiday we keep saying we should head down south but always seem to head up to the North West of Scotland instead.

I've travelled a lot and spend several years living overseas but Wester Ross and Sutherland are still my favourite places on the planet.

We often end up spending a bit of time on Skye and pretty much always some time in the Gairloch/Poolewe area.

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I think that is the layby we stopped in for a few hours last year. So pretty we had to make a cuppa and sit back to enjoy it.

Bit windy then though. If you see a baseball cap in the bushes its mine .....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back