LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Now we don't have Steph's mum to look after we will be following one of our dreams and doing an extended tour of my home country Scotland. So, if anyone knows of any Cl/CS type sites can you please let us know? Leccie not essential (except perhaps in winter) showers n loos not required just a dump for loo cassette and grey water. :Smile:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
HI.there if you can give me some idea where you are visiting i will try to help with your request.
JohnM. :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
HI.there if you can give me some idea where you are visiting i will try to help with your request.
JohnM. :thumb::thumb:

Hi thanks, at the moment we are a wee bit undecided. Original plan was to start in Dumfries and Galloway, work our way up the West coast, across the top and down the East side. On reflection and thinking of our usual routine which is plonk the van on a CL and walk/cycle that area then move on, we may do an area, come home then do the next area up if you follow me. We tend to stay on a site approx one week at a time then try to move approx 20 miles or so and do that bit.

Complicated b****s arn't we? :Eeek:

BTW we know Dumfries and Galloway well as we holidayed there in a cottage at Newton Stewart pre m/home days. :thumb:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Yes i know what you mean.That,s what m/homing is all about. As you will have noticed we live in the central belt. We often do w/end breaks at a cc cl at Kinross £8 incl elc not the prettiest cl but good for touring. Perth walnutgrove cc/cl very nice £8 incl elc need to book very busy.Crieff again good area. Not alot of choice further north.Just rememberd on East nuek of Fife tourist route StMonans no elc but you park on a cliff stuning views. Hope this is of help. If i can be of any further help just ask.
JohnM. :thumb:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Yes i know what you mean.That,s what m/homing is all about. As you will have noticed we live in the central belt. We often do w/end breaks at a cc cl at Kinross £8 incl elc not the prettiest cl but good for touring. Perth walnutgrove cc/cl very nice £8 incl elc need to book very busy.Crieff again good area. Not alot of choice further north.Just rememberd on East nuek of Fife tourist route StMonans no elc but you park on a cliff stuning views. Hope this is of help. If i can be of any further help just ask.
JohnM. :thumb:

Thank you just what we need. We can make a list of any responses then SWMBO can draw up a masterplan. :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
We visit Scotland for 6 weeks at a time at least twice a year once end of April and again in September we never book anywhere. We just go take both club directories and book ahead in the morning, and plan the day from there.

We have done this for years now and don't think there is now a part of Scottish Mainland that we have not been to. In fact people we have made friends in Scotland wish that they knew their country as well as we do.

We have found this the best way as it gets us into parts we would never have dreamed of going, and we have met nice people from Galloway in the south, to Durness in the north, and on both coasts.

Hope you enjoy your trip it's a wonderful country.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
The plan is..there is no plan !!

The west coast is awash with places to wildcamp !!! Have a look at Shieldaig and the Applecross peninsula..Shieldaig has a field with a tap for visitors and an honesty box for donations to help the local school ..( must remember to take the angle grinder next visit !)
Next Tuesday I am off up to the west coast coast and the Outer Hebrides...any one else going to be in the area ??....:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi
We're off to the west coast for two weeks 10 April after staying for a week at Keswick, free camping most of the time but will be staying at Nevis camp site for 1 possibly 2 nights just hope the weather stays fine:Smile:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Best answer is to live here. You can breathe, all day, every day. Only problem is it's a long way to Dover!

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Now we don't have Steph's mum to look after we will be following one of our dreams and doing an extended tour of my home country Scotland. So, if anyone knows of any Cl/CS type sites can you please let us know?
As it's your home country just follow your heart.

Scotland has it's own unique appeal and I just love the place, the people....everything about it. The north west coast for me every time and the more wild and remote, the better.

Who needs sites when you have the country that is Scotland?

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
As it's your home country just follow your heart.

Scotland has it's own unique appeal and I just love the place, the people....everything about it. The north west coast for me every time and the more wild and remote, the better.

Who needs sites when you have the country that is Scotland?

I totally Agree :thumb:......but shhhhhhh, don`t tell everyone ::bigsmile:

M

madcow

Deleted User
Recommendations

The west coast is awash with places to wildcamp !!! Have a look at Shieldaig and the Applecross peninsula..Shieldaig has a field with a tap for visitors and an honesty box for donations to help the local school ..( must remember to take the angle grinder next visit !)
Next Tuesday I am off up to the west coast coast and the Outer Hebrides...any one else going to be in the area ??....:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We are going up in June (yes I know all about the midges but have been introduced to Avon So Soft Moisturiser as the best treatment - apparently they are issuing to the Marines!). We want to do the North West and as North as possible - can you do recommendations for places/sites. We don't mind wild camping either. I saw an article about a lovely pub in Applecross area with amazing sea food so that is a place that I would like to visit. Unfortunately I am still in full time work so only a 2 week trip - roll on retirement :thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Further North is Archmelvich, a short ride NW of Lochinver, on one our famous single track roads with passing places. But if you get this far you will have already seen many such roads.
Snow white beaches & sooooo quiet you will believe you are the only ones on the planet. (maybe not in mid summer though).
Camp on the shores of Loch Naver courtesy of the CC's small site (& I mean small) near Altnahara in the centre of the highlands.
Don't miss the Dolphins near Rosemarkie, you won't believe how close to shore they come.
Or discover your own favourite place there are so many to choose from.

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
sites and things

::bigsmile:Hi Steph,Go onto CCC web site and look up for District associations,There are several in Scotland and most have rallies on at the weekends Fri-Sun cost usally about £4 -£6 per night.Or you can check the motocaravaners section their rallies are usually Thus _ Monday and are of a similar cost.
If you follow the cost up from Ayr -Helensbourgh -A82 to Dunbarton -Loch lommond-Oban -Fort William and the north their are loads of nice safe places to stop overnight.
Enjoy your trip and drive safe.:thumb:For more information go to www.visitscotland.co.uk
cheers,
Tom and Jen
P & A sites sec.

niblue

Free Member
May 22, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
C-class
Exp
saw an article about a lovely pub in Applecross area with amazing sea food so that is a place that I would like to visit.

The Applecross Inn is indeed lovely (and with very good pub grub) however I'd recommend that you approach it using the coast road from the North rather than the Bealach Na Ba if driving a motorhome. It's one of a very few roads I'd think twice about driving my motorhome over, and I've driven ours over mountain and ski roads in Norway and the Alps. It's definitely do-able but could be quite a struggle if you met someone coming the other way.

original.jpg

Bealach Na Ba

The coast road is lovely though, with great views over to Raasay and Skye, and is almost completely devoid of traffic.
original.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back