Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm meeting up with some friends in April for a 3-4 week Highlands trip - I thought I'd extend it for me though- hopefully to get to any 'Funster' meets that end up being planned... I can always say where I am/or where I'm going to when I'm travelling in case anyone else is close by for an impromptu meet up..(y)

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
:hi: Watching this thread on Scotland meet with great interest, love Scotland and any funsters meets over the border would be great,we are hoping to tour around Scotland with friends from down south(also funsters ). waiting with baited breath for updates on this, also the north coast 500 looks great, would like to add this into our tour if we have the time.
Mew and Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sandra, and mother.

There I was about to send you a mail but you limit who can contact you, very sensible (y)
I am not aware of this Norman, no idea how your message didnt get through. Small world right enough. Would have been Ian and Alice and Matt too.

I'm working on a few options at the moment.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Can you try contacting meagain @TUCANO so I can see if theres a problem.
Sandra, i think Norman has it wrong...........when someone tries to access your profile page they are excluded ( limitrd by you)

But all can PM ie start a conversation.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Off topic a bit but hope @Simson, Mew and Mick enjoyed your visit to Morecambe yesterday!! Spotted your MH in the jetty car park when walking the dog.

I also fancy the 500 trip as love Scotland and hope to fit it in outside of midge season!!

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Spent quite a while this morning re-reading old posts and catching up with the later ones. I do like the look of the 500 that @Robert Clark and @Cal54 speak of. Followed some of it via google earth and that final drive from Applecross appears to be a Bucket List item, thanks all, looking forward to any and all that may get arranged, the support will be much bigger for this than you can imagine I think.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I'm just waiting on a few people getting back to me, but I'm planning on a 3 wk May tour of NC500, with a mixture of campsites and for those wishing to, wilding in between. Finishing at The Falkirk Wheel

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Thanks for that - spent this afternoon making my plans. Took the sites that they suggested on the 500 route website, added a few pubs and a brewery stopover from Britstops.
An adventure in the making !
We are hoping to do the NC 500 late May, when are you planning for?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Sound great Sandra and would love to join you, however have to consider elderly mother who we normally take away to a holiday cottage for a week in May. Will have to see what I can wangle!!!

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
I'm just waiting on a few people getting back to me, but I'm planning on a 3 wk May tour of NC500, with a mixture of campsites and for those wishing to, wilding in between. Finishing at The Falkirk Wheel

We are interested wanted to visit Scotland so a tour would suit us.
Lee & Pat

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
we are hoping to early retire at the end of June. Then do the NC500 and then head to France and Spain for 2 to 3 months before Christmas. So very interested in this if it fits with that timescale ie Scotland in either August or September.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Very interested as we are definately doing Scotland this year and thus sound ideal,any idea on numbers?

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
planning on a 3 wk May tour of NC500, with a mixture of campsites and for those wishing to, wilding in between. Finishing at The Falkirk Wheel
Sounds brilliant, IB. Pending a date for an op, we will certainly love to be involved :clap:

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Being a exiled Scot who in former years has toured Scotland pretty extensively I would love a Scotland meet. I kind of agree that for those whose travel distance is great that perhaps the most scenic area of the West Highlands is possibly too far . How about close to the Highland gateways either Perthshire say Kenmore by Loch Tay in the East or in the West say Luss on the shores of Loch Lomond.
Ashley & Ian
We have been eaten alive on the Luss site, even in broad daylight when we sailed across Lomond to the quiet side we were then assaulted in the woods and the little beggars dared to follow us when we escaped rather hurriedly back across the Loch. That was a fantastic sun filled 2 weeks surrounded by the most beautiful scenery.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Our problem is that at the moment we don't have a date for pick up of the new van ...... at the start of May we are "down south" and intending to have two or three weeks in Devon but if the dates work we will make sure we are in Falkirk for the last weekend of May :)

How do people feel about October / November for a Kelso meet?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'll need to get in touch with Kelso Show Ground and see what the availability is, if not there I have a couple of other places to try :)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I'll need to get in touch with Kelso Show Ground and see what the availability is, if not there I have a couple of other places to try :)
Is it worth starting a separate thread for the Autumn meet?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back