Free Member
Apr 20, 2015
aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
autosleeper cotswold 2011
Exp
6 years
Coming from Aberdeenshire I would prefer to go to Perthshire. There are some great sites up north. I use Banff and park on the beach area looking across the sea. It has great walking areas round the coast with plenty hotels and pubs near by. A bit faraway for some. but its a thought for the future.
JPS

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
Hawick would be great, at the time of the Melrose 7s April 2016 perhaps?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

robanjan

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
wales
Funster No
MH
coach built conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We will be at Kinlochleven last week of April for the pre 65 competion so that would be a good time for us..would love to meet up and never had trouble with midges that time of year☺

LAM

Apr 23, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 Welcome
Exp
Began with the purchase of our first, ever MH in 2014
Great timing irnbru. We are looking to travel to your beautiful part of the world this year. Have been warned of the 'midgie' situation so thinking around September/October (not sure if these months are appropriate ?). Locals (ish) have said the west coast is worth the visit.... Kyle of Locholsh, Applecross and Plockton. No idea where these places are, except on the west coast of course !
Will watch this space with great interest... thank you :clap::clap: :thanks3:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I've sent an email to Springwood Park (Border Union Showground) asking about prices, terms and conditions. We'll see what they have to say :)

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
Some fantastic suggestions so far! (edit hit post by mistake, heading to pc lol)

CandC

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 22, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Old School :D
Exp
Used to go with the olds! Now I have one of my own :)
OK, so as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted.... :wasntme:

Some fantastic suggestions so far! Although fairly new to owning a camper of my own, I know a lot of the places suggested already. I was born in Scotland and lived there for many years and have toured, hiked and camped in some really wonderful locations.

Some of the suggested sites that really stood out for me were:
Benderloch for its beauty and tranquility (I spent about 16 summer holidays at nearby Appin when I was growing up so know the area extremely well).
Glenmore I did my gold DofE expedition in the Cairngorms and fell in love with the mountains instantly!
Dumfries and Galloway for the dark skies.
Perthshire ok so not as dramatic as some of the more mountainous regions, but no less beautiful.

Has anyone suggested Glen Nevis yet? We could have a Funsters' Pimms Party at the summit perhaps? :cheers::party2::wine:I've been to the top of the Ben 3 times so far and have yet to see the view :doh: Hopefully that will change this summer ::bigsmile:

Keep the suggestions coming people.... I'm taking notes for my moderately grand tour of Scotland in august :wink:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Love the idea of Funsters Tour of Scotland. As it happens, we've pencilled in Scotland for our autumn trip (September). Love Scotland, we've toured all over but not recently so we're going to renew our aquaintance. In the North East we're only an hours drive from the border but understand the problems Funsters from the bottom half of the country face but it's really worth the effort. The west coast - Oban up to Skye say - has to be an ideal first time visit and in September usually is glorious. (That's done it, probably p..s down all the trip now!)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I've had a reply from Springwood Park in Kelso asking when and how many vans...... I am pretty busy for the rest of this year but what about early 2016 and how many vans? 30? 40? 50?

I've never even been to a rally so would need a lot of help if this is to happen!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Once the big agricultural show is over I will make furtr contact with them and see what we can come up with :)

Ckanddk

Free Member
Sep 21, 2014
Derby
Funster No
MH
Nuevo EK
Exp
2014 Newbie
We are setting off from Derby to tour the west coast before cutting across to Inverness to follow the Caledonian canal back to fort William then home in September this year....probably all September! A rally in Scotland would be good. As some have said, post midges season, hopefully. We've made no fixed plans post the 9th September, going to 'follow our nose' so to speak but definitely going to Skye. Only booked Arran so far lochranza. Last time in Scotland was 1979... I know.... Sorry, we've got the time now ☺️

Any suggestions for places good for motor home would be welcomed

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We are setting off from Derby to tour the west coast before cutting across to Inverness to follow the Caledonian canal back to fort William then home in September this year....probably all September! A rally in Scotland would be good. As some have said, post midges season, hopefully. We've made no fixed plans post the 9th September, going to 'follow our nose' so to speak but definitely going to Skye. Only booked Arran so far lochranza. Last time in Scotland was 1979... I know.... Sorry, we've got the time now ☺️

Any suggestions for places good for motor home would be welcomed

We'll keep an eye open for you.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
May next year would suit us too, as we plan to tour parts of Scotland for about 3 to 4 weeks then. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back