Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
You can't win with this one
I'd think you can't lose!
the best of Scotland is far from England so the English won't flock there
Maybe it's as relevant to say "the best of England is far from Scotland so the Scottish won't flock there"? ;)
Only hold 14 at most. :-(
Morvich CC too expensive?
Anyway ..... my favourite is Loch Morlich Camping in the Forest (beach & watersports/ bus to Aviemore/ forest walks & mountains/ good eating places nearby etc) but I expect it's also too expensive?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Maybe it's as relevant to say "the best of England is far from Scotland so the Scottish won't flock there"? ;)

Not in my opinion, best of England is up north, Peak District, Lakes, North Yorks. Just my preferences.

My experience of Scotland is that for years and years of working all over it can be so spectacular, but take my wife and we always drown.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Not in my opinion, best of England is up north, Peak District, Lakes, North Yorks. Just my preferences.

My experience of Scotland is that for years and years of working all over it can be so spectacular, but take my wife and we always drown.
Is your wife some sort of "Rain Goddess" then, or are you just a bad kayaker? ;)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Near a distillery would be nice, a whisky trail would be bliss.
Would have to do all the driving as non scotch drinker. I like May for Scotland, before the midgies but cooler. where? Gosh like everywhere so many places to choose, would love the ayrshire coast because of happy childhood memories, Oban for the fish, Morar for the sands,Arbroath for the smokies and freezing even in the height of summer, Betty Hills for its beautiful beach and remoteness, and that's just for starters.
The Perth area would be interesting for me as have mostly passed through, or visited a relative we had there. Would need to be next year for me too as I dont have a big enough window this year.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Being a properly-brought-up Yorkshire lass I have to agree; but Scotland's no further from Yorkshire than Yorkshire is from Scotland ;)
we always drown
Too right, you have to be prepared for all weathers. Not for the devoted sun-seeker (y)

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Great rally field here Broken Link Removed

Why visit Scotland and not see the west coast. Great venue to visit great places......ideal for ferries to the Hebridean islands....Oban, Fort William and Up to Skye

If you travel all the way from the south , why miss the nicest parts?

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
Lovely campsite at Mellon Udrigal - not far from Gairloch, right
on the beach, £7.00 per night when we were there in May inc water, but an extra £3.00 to empty cassette (due to high cost of emptying holding tank).

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
:)Hi Funsters,
If Funsters are going to travel from Wales and England, then surely one "Meet" of say 7 days would not warrant the expense of travelling such distances.
If, like us , you love Scotland, would it not be better to have at least 2 "Meets" to justify the costs .
The recent Dorset Meets are a good example of what we're trying to say.
Just a thought !!(y)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I like Xmas to New year. We've booked Strathclyde CC but can change venue if theres a meet.

EDIT 2 adults 9 nights £230 Country park and Toby Carvery adjacent.

Last edited:

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
(y) We went to Stonehaven for New Year 2 yrs. ago Andy......brilliant time but C/Club site was solid (a couple of days after opening) for bookings this year.

WATCH: Deacon Blue to headline Stonehaven hogmanay festival ...

stonehavenfireballs.co.uk/

Last edited:

Graham and Jane

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Border union showground Kelso, Strathallan Games Park Bridge of Allan, Black Isle showground nr Inverness
Benderloch nr Oban Crathes Castle to name a few places all can take large numbers of vans. To many places to name. Would suggest a possible tour over 2/3 areas for say 5 days at each, just to make it worth while.

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
Border union showground Kelso, Strathallan Games Park Bridge of Allan, Black Isle showground nr Inverness
Benderloch nr Oban Crathes Castle to name a few places all can take large numbers of vans. To many places to name. Would suggest a possible tour over 2/3 areas for say 5 days at each, just to make it worth while.

Suggestion for a title

Funsters World Tour of Scotland

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
@irnbru Sandra spoke to the guy from work today and received an email from Dumfries show ground about holding a rally, they have asked how many nights we want and will get back to us with a price after their main show at start of August as really busy just now.

Here is a link to their show which will show you the park and lay out, if you see the Rugby club on the map then it would be the field to the right of that.
http://www.dumfriesshow.co.uk/park-map/

If this is a goer I could try and get a deal with the Rugby club as I have a few friends who are on committee.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Great Gerry. THANKS Can you ask the price for 3 nights in May and I can compare it to other quotes within the surrounding areas. Like to keep options open.
Please :)
Does it have a water tap and somewhere to dump waste?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sandra I have asked these questions, although I think answer will be yes as they hold all sorts here including caravan club rallies.

RS_rob

Free Member
Dec 14, 2013
Turnford
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
over a Year Yay................
If you time it just right & its during a school holiday we might be interested also got a friend that keeps bugging me to visit, otherwise its too far for a weekend from London Id arrive sat morning & leave sun morning so the misus can get to school.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I'd recommend Dumfries and Galloway, easy to get to loads to to do and see, also a lot quieter than the normal tourist areas.
We have a field in Dumfries next to our local rugby club (Park Farm) they hold CC rallies here and it's just a 5-10 min easy walk to town center.
That sounds like a good plan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back