scotland or new forest

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by doug 2072, Mar 3, 2010.

1. doug 2072

doug 2072 Read Only Funster

hi
    hired motor home for a week could anybody recommened sites scotland or new forest
    cheers
    doug

2. lufcdave7

lufcdave7 Read Only Funster

SCOTLAND! no contest.
    Drive up to Loch Lomond, wild camp at Tarbet car park first night, the drive not too far for first day.
    Then over Glen Coe on the second day, just as you get into Glen Coe there is a large site on the right, never stayed there though, but looks ok.
    If you want a few more good wild spots, pm me.

3. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You've tried this once.

That's a mighty tall order, I don't know how many sites in the New Forest but there are thousands in Scotland.

OK one great one in Scotland, cheap too:
    http://www.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/caravanparks/locations/alford.asp

You don't say when you are going or where from, give us a clue and we can help more.

4. motorvating

motorvating Read Only Funster

The highlands in the summer months can be a problem because of midges.

The highlands is generaly better spring and autum.

5. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

Then over Glen Coe on the second day, just as you get into Glen Coe there is a large site on the right, never stayed there though, but looks ok.
    If you want a few more good wild spots, pm me.[/QUOTE]

Is that the car park right on top of the road overlooking Loch Tulla and the surrounding mountains:Smile: we broke down there:Sad: and had to spend the night there,apart from breaking down fantastic, saw the best sunrise I have ever seen, :Smile: back up there for Easter:Smile:

6. bailey

bailey

Scotland

No contest must be Gods Country dont worry about the midges use skin so soft and they are not as bad as the mosquito's i experienced in the New Forrest

Bill:thumb::thumb::thumb:

7. lufcdave7

lufcdave7 Read Only Funster

Is that the car park right on top of the road overlooking Loch Tulla and the surrounding mountains:Smile: we broke down there:Sad: and had to spend the night there,apart from breaking down fantastic, saw the best sunrise I have ever seen, :Smile: back up there for Easter:Smile:[/QUOTE]

Hi Ray,
    No I didn't mean the car park just north of the Bridge of Orchy, the one you are refering to, but it is a great spot and not too noisy in the winter months. There is another good one a few miles further up as well just before the top of Glen Coe, but doesn't have the views over Loch Tulla, which are spectacular. I was refering to the car park at the visitor centre at Tarbet, just over half way up Loch lomond, opposite the hotel.

8. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

New Forest:thumb: They speak English and the blokes don't wear frocks:Rofl1:

9. bailey

bailey

Scotland

We dont dance round poles with tights on and skipping

Bill:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

10. Caggsie

Caggsie Read Only Funster

Defo Scotland, not been to the New Forest though. What do you want - rugged or flat?

I understand with the weather being as bad as its been that a lot of the midges are dead - hope so!!!!!:Eeek:

I take it that you aren't a member of the CCC or CC as you are hiring. 2 years ago we went to Scotland. Loch Lomond - Luss CCC site, I beleive you don't have to be a member to go to certain sites, Glencoe - CCC too very peaceful site and fab views getting there through the highlands. Edinburgh for some culture, here was the CC site and a bus route just outside the site. My fav place was Oban - fab little hut selling fresh fish that did the bestest ever langoustine at the (ferry port)- for peanuts. Here there was a CC affliated site about 5 miles out. Great views.

My aim in a year or so(once the Europe bug goes) is to go to the islands some fab photos on here from other members.

Where do you live? That could be the decider.

regards

Karen

11. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Won't happen :Smile:

12. allie sommerville

allie sommerville Read Only Funster

If you can get as far as the Black Isle, the C & C Club site on the Moray Firth takes some beating for scenery/dolphin-watching/peace ...
    And it's on the East Coast, so not too many midges :thumb: