Scotland in September - doubting if to go because of weather (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
From other threads that have run on this subject it may be more that your vet is using a particular brand of vaccine that requires the faffing around and is possibly just pushing you towards the blood test simply so they can charge you for it.

You need to find a vet that uses either Vanguard or Nobivac brand vaccine.

It's one injection, no second course or booster after 12 months. It lasts 3 years. They should be able to give you the passport immediately but you can't travel until 21 days after the injection.

The blood test isn't required if you are only travelling within the EU.

I've booked in with another vet now. Thanks to all who gave advice re pet passport.

I think we'll still go to Scotland as I feel encouraged by what others have said :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2014
Stockport Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Advantgard
Exp
7 years
Hia

Yes I know it's not France
But
I'm off to southern Ireland beginning of Sept. There as been a lot said about passports not looked at.
But my dog as had her boosters so they are ok, she will have her spot on in the nect week,
So off to vets for worming tablet (she was due one) and a rabies jab (£51)
And her passport stamped. Her rabies will now last her for two years .
We don't have to visit vet on way back.
But now all legal and I can wave her passport to everyone and anyone

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
September/October in Scotland can be wonderful. We always go north towards the end of September and are rarely disapointed.

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We have the same idea ...Scotland is on the short list this autumn . We will make a last minute decision because never mind how interesting and scenic a place is it is no good if it is p*****g down. It is this poxy jet stream which is causing the dire weather . Our other options are Wales ,Norfolk or if all else fails France .

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I think we'll still go to Scotland as I feel encouraged by what others have said :)
Were off to Jocklandshire, starting off on the east coast at Morpeth visiting friends on the weekend of first week in sept then all points north after that. We love Scotland and will take it as it comes, hail rain or shine it's brilliant. (y)

colmorangie

Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
We too have hummed and arred over Scotland in September but after careful consideration we are going next week. Wet weather or not, Scotland is wonderful, you can wild camp for a few days and campsite for a few days and your money will go much further than in Europe!

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Scotland? Scotland! It's nearly always wet, cold and windy! You lot are welcome to it :eek:

(I still live there but only until the house sells;))

Mothy

Free Member
Sep 1, 2015
Hythe, Hants
Funster No
MH
Lo-line
Exp
1 month
We've been really looking forward to going to Scotland this September but the other day saw a news item which highlighted the awful summer they're having. I know our summer isn't great but they have snow in places where there shouldn't be this time of year! It will be our first ever visit and we'll be going for four weeks.

I know there's no guarantee of good weather where ever you go at any time of the year but we're wondering whether to change our destination to the West Country as it looks to be so bad. Has anyone got advice to help us make our decision? By the way we would have gone to France but didn't realise that it took 5 - 6 weeks to get our dog a pet passport.
Go to Scotland. We are going there on about 7th to 8th up towards Skye and the highlands. The weather and the scenery is why we are going! See you there?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
It's not rained here for at least an hour, come to Scotland it's not that bad still T shirt and shorts weather here. I'd recommend visiting Dumfries and Galloway.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
No rain in Scotland at the moment. :) Well at least not Glasgow area

Same here Sandra, the last week has been gorgeous.....though getting chillier at nights....got my bedsocks back on now:LOL:
We're just about to set off up to Fife.....first grandchild now on his or her way!
Margaret

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Wall to wall blue sky this morning........

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Re pasports,make sure they use the new style with the main page laminated,had to pull our vet up when our pup was done in May!

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Spent the day in Glasgow, sun splitting the slabs and the place full of German and Scottish supporters.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
image.jpg
Fantastic couple of days so far, weather set fair all week they say (y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
You don't go to Scotland for the weather, although overnighting here at Luss CCC site it's been a glorious day and set to remain that way for a few. Just make you have a good selection of clothing!

Keep eyes open - we're the Bolero with the daft moustache on the bonnet. (Ask why when you see us).

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
We have just come back from a week in Scotland 2wks ago.went to the tattoo in Edinburgh then over to the west coast to Onich and Fort William.cant wait to go back ,we just love it there .weather was good too.we want to go further north next time.go for it and enjoy(y)
Brian & Jo

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
It's not rained here for at least an hour, come to Scotland it's not that bad still T shirt and shorts weather here. I'd recommend visiting Dumfries and Galloway.

Hi Gerry, sounds like you and Bill are as bad as each other........shorts and t-shirt all the time.
I sometimes say to him put something decent on before you go into Gatehouse in the van for goodness sake:RollEyes:

Margaret

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gerry, sounds like you and Bill are as bad as each other........shorts and t-shirt all the time.
I sometimes say to him put something decent on before you go into Gatehouse in the van for goodness sake:RollEyes:

Margaret
Hi Margaret, how are you both?
Very really wear long trousers and hardly ever wear a jacket from March to Novemeber unless it's a massive downpour.

Just to let those know that are interested in coming to Scotland I have just spent weekend on Tiree and have actually got some us and not a bit of rain in sight. Even had a paddle in the sea. Will post pics on a separate thread.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Sat on quay at Oban waiting to see if they'll let us on the 4.00 pm to Mull. We're first in the standby queue.

Any Funsters on Mull?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We are taking "Pug" our newly built PVC , on his first proper outing . We are heading to the Outer Hebredise Islands again. Can't wait . Counting down the days. 25th of September can't come soon enough. We are going right up to Aviemore first this time. Then working our way down the islands. I shall be packing for all weather conditions......

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We are taking "Pug" our newly built PVC , on his first proper outing . We are heading to the Outer Hebredise Islands again. Can't wait . Counting down the days. 25th of September can't come soon enough. We are going right up to Aviemore first this time. Then working our way down the islands. I shall be packing for all weather conditions......
@Ralph-n-Bev have a look at my thread in the ushaped forum, weekend in Tiree some nice pics for you. If your planning on visiting Tiree feel free to ask for info

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Were parked up on a very nice loch side site just outside Fort William, the suns just setting after another fantastic day. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back