DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@Carol good morning, it is important to point out they are definitely my in laws, my mother is a nuisance at times but my FIL is in a class of his own o_O

@Debs good morning to you too, I have my FIL in with me in our MH, MIL is deaf and conversation at best hard, mostly impossible, my plan for me and Lola in the other MH and Bev in ours with the outlaws failed from the off :(

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Just read through this thread, thank you for making my Sunday morning so much fun! I will be following this adventure with great interest and am sure you are going to have such a great time. We would have loved to do this with our parents but sadly they've all gone now so won't have the opportunity. Happy travels and keep us updated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Carol good morning, it is important to point out they are definitely my in laws, my mother is a nuisance at times but my FIL is in a class of his own o_O

@Debs good morning to you too, I have my FIL in with me in our MH, MIL is deaf and conversation at best hard, mostly impossible, my plan for me and Lola in the other MH and Bev in ours with the outlaws failed from the off :(
They might get the bug & want to come with you on your Durness winter trips & then you'd have both of them in with you:Eeek:
I take it you have a full compliment of gin on board.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The radio saga has continued full pace on our first 60 miles today so far, 'are we nearly there yet?' has never had more significance, not heard it since the kids were little, now find myself using it again o_O hopefully not saying it out loud, too often at least

The radios, not really sure what has happened in FIL's past, but he insisted that MIL had to end anything with 'OVER' then to finish 'OVER and OUT' all pretty standard radio speak, the really humorous bit is he was totally convinced the radios had some kind of built in code, so if you didn't use those words it wouldn't transfer from one to the other

Not a thought that the button on the side does the 'real' control :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

They (MIL and FIL) were having a full on row but were approx. 400 yds apart in different MH's and I don't think either could hear a thing the other was by now shouting

In fact I now know Mum has taken her hearing aid out :LOL:

Bad news is we still have another 100 miles to go to destination, Bev has already said I am driving too fast, if we could get any faster I would do, minimising the journey time is now key for me (y)

Presuming we get to Grantown without killing each other more will follow later

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
over breakfast this morning FIL asked how many other people do we meet with these funny badges, a reference to the funster smiley sticker in windscreen

told him we had only ever met one, other than at planned meets, a really remote car park on the Kintyre peninsular a couple of years ago, nobody in as we parked, but we arrived back together and met @Dazzlin for the first time

driving out of Jedburgh car park noticed another MH, a wave and a man jump up out his seat, blow me, we had only bumped back into them again 3 years later :):), still the only funsters we have randomly met

Nice to meet you both again (y)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
The thought of your outlaws with radios has got me in stitches , have they started signing the "convoi" song yet ,4 ten for a copy good buddy
over and out :whistle:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi David tell Bev to give it some welly the van will think @Munchie is driving it again :LOL:It's good for 90 mph ;) Be there in next to no time (y):D That red switch just above the radio turns on the music to drown out the 2 way radios -volume about 40 will do ;):)
terry

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
David, have you thought through the consequences of announcing on this forum that Bev answers to the name BJ?

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Now done another 30 odd miles, the radio saga continues

It would appear now that MIL can at least send speech, but either FIL can't return or MIL cant or doesn't want to hear

The truth is MIL didn't want to bring the bloody radios

So I now hear MIL talking, sometimes shouting, never sure if in crossness or due to deafness, with FIL sat next to me cursing her and the radio equally for not letting him talk back, he hasn't thought that they are ignoring or simply cant hear him

He is now completely convinced his is broken

On a much more positive note, we have found a gem of an eating stop, Taste Perthshire about 10 miles north of Perth on A9, turn off for Bankfoot, small retail outlet with lovely restaurant, nice large over car park for coaches and motorhomes, glad we risked it, not been before (y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You are all much too nice, and for that matter savvy, not to use such a call, or abuse my openness

Aren't you??

I'm sure THEY are David but Sadly Popeye has now read this and you can consider yourself well and truly dropped in it.

By the way give my regards to BeeJay.

You are aware that there is a funster with Beejay as his/her handle aren't you?

My last boss at the Bank was a Bob Johnson, BJ for short, did that ever get him in some trouble.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
There are some nice forest walks at Grantown down to the river. Im sure the radios could have an "accident"

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
There are some nice forest walks at Grantown down to the river. Im sure the radios could have an "accident"

Thanks, we have been here a few times, they are lovely walks, although we have only been in winter before, not been midged here before, the little buggers are out in force tonight, would reckon those woods could be more or less a no go zone

Love the toilet block here, best in country, possibly best we have ever used on a camp site (y)

site seems a little expensive, but I am also getting meaner with age, no crinkly discount either, but they did let us book on a 2 member pitches, even though technically the 'enemy' are on their own in theirs and not CC members

£63 for 2 pitches, although I have opted for serviced pitches which then get free wifi

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we got to Grantown just after 6:30, fuel light just came on and cant easily see a fuel station in the town, going on google street view in a bit, but not looking good, some will know I have had a few arse clenching journeys running close to fumes only, so hope there is something in this town o_O it is 20 odd miles back to anywhere, so surely there must be some here

today's journey was worse than yesterday, but I really hope the holiday can start tomorrow, we have now covered the miles we needed to get to where we wanted to show them, but it is a long way, made worse by not having my normal co pilot, having to 'suffer' guidance at every opportunity form FIL is wearing me down

we got to site and I had to dump black tank, so Bev drove 'hers' to the allocated pitch, FIL wouldn't let her connect the mains cable 'because it looked wrong', I tried to explain it couldn't go the other way round he insisted it could, walked away to get a G + T, left him with it, 10 minutes later he had it all swapped round end to end which now definitely wouldn't fit which he seemed proud to confirm. He really wouldn't have it that is was all OK before and only wrong now

Now had three large G + T's (thanks Dawn @Mousy) sorry but we will need new stocks for New Forest, they have gone to their lair for the night, although we still had to have a massive debate about how to turn on the heating, how many ways can we describe, up / down, clockwise / anticlockwise, left / right, it is only a bloody dial Oh Please!

But from tomorrow we only do about 2 hours driving a day, with tomorrow being the shortest of the lot, to possibly my favourite location, until I find another I like more, top of Findhorn Valley, hopefully photos tomorrow if weather stays like today, little mixed but mainly sun

night all, off for a BJ, I mean cuddle with my loved one (y) do you see what I did there Griff :)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Night David......hope it is still your favourate location after tomorrow:Eeek:

How is Bev coping with it all????

Sleep tight :LOL: x

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Haha laughing out loud !This trip is hilarious and it's only day 2!!
Just twigged about the nick name BJ!!!:LOL::LOL:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Morning David I tried to ring you back last night but got answering machine --Heating control is very easy -- outer circle from centre=off
first click up = 40 hot water -
second click up = 60 hot water -
return to off
first click down = low heating/hot water/ fan speed
second click down = higher fan speed etc ---
Centre dial is temperature control 9 = higher temp :)
YOU GET A ORANGE LIGHT ON LEFT AND GREEN ON RIGHT -orange is = to getting up to desired temp and goes off once there green stays on --if orange light goes red = not working so turn off and after a min turn back on
Hook up lead was good not so sure it is now :D:D:DDon't worry about power I have been stood for a week (no HU) and never came close to running out.The solar and you (Bev) driving around will keep batts topped up (y)You may be stressed but Lola will keep you calm :LOL::LOL:
terry

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
How do you mean 'twigged' perhaps you could explain to those of us that have led a more sheltered life.
LOL mr Popeye!! Well...........( best not as some on here are a little squeamish !!!;))

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
The radio saga continues, day whatever, they now already all seem the same

One handset has vanished. I am not guilty of the obvious thought here, presumed now all would return to some normal level of sanity. has it F@@K now the only one we have is being used to try and call the lost one, from our MH then theirs, then outside

God help me please

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
David ,you are bringing amusement to us all with this thread ,it's become my daily chuckle,keep the faith buddy and resist the urge to insert the aforementioned radio into you fil :LOL:;)

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi David while looking for missing radio have a look for the remote control for the tv it went missing in December :D there is a remote with the TV now but there is what is now a spare if you find it :D
terry

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
All gone quiet ,has their been a murder!!? Up in them there hills?!;):LOL:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
maybee david has done the bright thing and gone to the pub and got hammered on G and T ,so far no reports on scottish news of murdered in laws:whistle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back