Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year
3/4/5 months!?
We are hoping to do that trip over 10 days in June! (may rethink now)

Hope you have been able to get going or will do soon. Don't worry about toothache, when the midges do come out they will take your mind off toothache.

Have a brilliant time. :envy::envy: Envy

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
If I had 10 days in Scotland, I would stick to
3/4/5 months!?
We are hoping to do that trip over 10 days in June! (may rethink now)

Hope you have been able to get going or will do soon. Don't worry about toothache, when the midges do come out they will take your mind off toothache.

Have a brilliant time. :envy::envy: Envy
Mull or Skye - maybe both if you like driving - but not anywhere else. Too much to see and too easy to miss things if you rush. We've had 3 x 2 week trips and haven't got beyond Loch Lomond, Mull and Skye.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Just got back from Scotland, having stayed at Bunree (Onich) and Luss (Loch Lomond). :cry::cry::cry:
It was SO fabulous (lots of boaty fun was had by all), that I'm plotting our return next year. :) Who knew there was so much to see on all the wee islands? I've got 'nay bother' withdrawal symptoms, already.
Didn't notice any midges, but they were mentioned as being 'vicious' by the locals.
We used biological washing liquid, as recommended in our toilet cassette. Hopefully biologically friendly, but not very nose friendly, despite using air freshener!
Have a great time. (y)

did you see the wallabies at Loch Lomond?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ethle the wondervan

Free Member
Mar 13, 2015
Peak District
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
One year

When you say 'wallabies', if you mean those little furry things that dangle beneath a Scotsmans hemline, please note that English gentlemen call those 'puppies',...........er.....eh?......er........or so I think I must have read somewhere........ahem....mmmmm. :getmecoat::whistle2:

Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
No wallabies unfortunately, but we went to Inchconnachan island to try and spot some. We did come across Lady Arran's (now derelict) summer house with it's rather lovely wall paintings and her boat launch facility, amidst lots of beautiful rhododendron bushes.
Inchmoan island was another great find (on a sunny 18 degrees day); fab sandy beach, a 19th century ruin and a slightly more modern, but fun tree swing that some bygone camper must have rigged. Kids loved it!
Have to say the SIB was brilliant fun. We went up and down the loch from Balloch to Ardlui and lots of places in between. Great to have the speed to manage it where appropriate, and also the agility to go where bigger boats can't.
The campsite at Luss made it very easy to get her out on the water (fee free), and the hotel next door (Inn on the Loch) were happy for us to tie her up on their jetty for a few days (as patrons, obviously :D). Lovely to come back to for a beer/hot chocolate after a few hours on the loch. Highly recommended.

Bruce

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS
Enjoy our great scenery and hospitality but dont forget midge repellant as the wee beasties will find you anyway.
Avon for repellant and Xpel bite and sting relief this you can get in Homebargains it is cheap but the best I have used...................Bruce and Irene (Glasgow)

Bruce

Free Member
Aug 12, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER FLAIR
Exp
TWO YEARS
When you say 'wallabies', if you mean those little furry things that dangle beneath a Scotsmans hemline, please note that English gentlemen call those 'puppies',...........er.....eh?......er........or so I think I must have read somewhere........ahem....mmmmm. :getmecoat::whistle2:
Wee puppies up here its the real dogs b......ks

OP
OP
lthoel2

lthoel2

Free Member
Aug 4, 2013
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 610LE
Exp
I'm a newbie
Tooth sorted Monday morning. Got as far as Carlisle, still there today (Tues). No rush, will be moving tomorrow. Thanks for all the info.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Tooth sorted Monday morning. Got as far as Carlisle, still there today (Tues). No rush, will be moving tomorrow. Thanks for all the info.
Where are you planning for your first stop in Scotland?

Last edited:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I spent many a gorgeous day at a place called Balmaha on the loch, we would go down with a rib ,take the barbie etc and do a fair bit of messing around on the water , some of the guys would take their guitars and we would have a sing song, my favorite was one of the ,lads would play the bagpipes as the sun went down.

Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
I spent many a gorgeous day at a place called Balmaha on the loch, we would go down with a rib ,take the barbie etc and do a fair bit of messing around on the water , some of the guys would take their guitars and we would have a sing song, my favorite was one of the ,lads would play the bagpipes as the sun went down.
Lots of people fish off the pier at Balmaha, so never managed to moor up and go to the pub everyone raves about. Maybe next time!

Hope you're having a super time Ithoel2! The temperatures look to have taken a bit of a departure from the rest of the UK, but you can't buy that scenery. :)

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner

I'm not definitely sure how they got there ,I think that some escaped from Blair Drummond safari park ,anyhow there's a bunch of wallabies that live around loch lomond

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back