Scotish facilities

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by WynandJean, Sep 6, 2013.

1. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Those who have done wildcamping around Scotland may be able to advise us. We have just been to Dalmally on a coach tour break (yes, I know, why when we have a motorhome?) So now we intend to go back with the van. We saw plenty of places that would be nice to stay but the question is what do you do about filling and emptying? We are used to aires on the continent but don 't have that facility here. How is it done?

Wyn

2. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

One way is to stay on a CL every 3 nights or so. Some of them are incredibly cheap if you only want fresh water and loo dump. We also have an extra loo cassette for emergencies and a clean plastic watering can for filling up from outside taps discreetly. Most ports and marinas have water taps but I think you'd have to ask permission to use them. In the Hebrides the ports have chemical loo dumps and water taps for public use.
    Hope that helps.
    Happy travelling
    Mags

3. lorger

lorger Funster

If we are going wild camping we will make sure our fresh tank is full and our waste is empty and if its only the two of us that will last all weekend. We also use graveyards as they tend to have a water tap at them so people can water flowers. If we need to empty the loo we will use a public toilet and haven't had any problems doing so or finding one when we need it, the secret is dont wait until its full empty it when you pass a toilet even if only half full.

If we did happen to fill our grey waste then I will find a drain somewhere and empty into that, I also carry a bucket so can empty in to that then carry to suitable emptying place.

4. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster