LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Those who have done wildcamping around Scotland may be able to advise us. We have just been to Dalmally on a coach tour break (yes, I know, why when we have a motorhome?) So now we intend to go back with the van. We saw plenty of places that would be nice to stay but the question is what do you do about filling and emptying? We are used to aires on the continent but don 't have that facility here. How is it done?

Wyn

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
One way is to stay on a CL every 3 nights or so. Some of them are incredibly cheap if you only want fresh water and loo dump. We also have an extra loo cassette for emergencies and a clean plastic watering can for filling up from outside taps discreetly. Most ports and marinas have water taps but I think you'd have to ask permission to use them. In the Hebrides the ports have chemical loo dumps and water taps for public use.
Hope that helps.
Happy travelling
Mags

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
If we are going wild camping we will make sure our fresh tank is full and our waste is empty and if its only the two of us that will last all weekend. We also use graveyards as they tend to have a water tap at them so people can water flowers. If we need to empty the loo we will use a public toilet and haven't had any problems doing so or finding one when we need it, the secret is dont wait until its full empty it when you pass a toilet even if only half full.

If we did happen to fill our grey waste then I will find a drain somewhere and empty into that, I also carry a bucket so can empty in to that then carry to suitable emptying place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Here is my answer to a similar query posted in July - (ignore the bit about towing a car). Scan up and down the thread and you will see plenty of suggestions.

Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back