scooter rack on 7099f (1 Viewer)

Dec 3, 2007
bristol
Funster No
MH
fiat autotrail imala 730
Exp
since 2005
just joined! hi all, have just bought s/hand rapido 7099f 2006 model i want to fit motor scooter/m/cycle rack on to the alco chassis,i remember seeing the towtal stand at a show this summer they had a new alumimum light weight rack on display which fixed directly onto the chassis i seem to remember the cost £595? but was impressed with the very light weight (not sure of weight), does anyone carry a scooter on there alko chassis motor home, any suggestion ? ie max weight of scooter etc,etc

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I had one fitted to an Alko chassis on a Bessecar wothout any problems, but do check the max weight available on the rear axle .

Keith

H

Huckleberry

Deleted User
Rapido scooter rack

I had a rack fitted by Rapido at their factory on my 7087F (Alko chassis) before delivery. It is very well made, very heavy but has been very good. I have carried a 100k Honda all over Europe with no problems. The biggest problem that you might have is the distance from the rear axle. Make sure that your Rapido is plated at 3850k or you might be over weight.
Because of weight concerns my new van, another Rapido, will be 3500k and I am only having a cycle rack fitted.
RH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back