1. Our Classifieds are free to subscribers
    For help in listing an item or for marking it SOLD please see this help file

PLEASE EXCERCISE DUE DILIGENCE BEFORE PARTING WITH MONEY
    MotorhomeFun cannot vouch for the honesty of members. 

PLEASE DO NOT BUMP 'FOR SALE" THREADS or they will be removed.

WANTED Scooter Rack / Hydra Trail - anything considered.

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by Parapilot, May 9, 2016.

1. Parapilot

Parapilot Funster

I'm looking for a scooter carrier to suit a Hymer S820, currently fitted with a towbar - anything considered, but ideally strong enough to carry a 170kg scooter.

The Easylifter HydraTrail looks good, but seem to keep missing out on the ones for sale on eBay etc.

Not sure if a regular side loading trailer would be a nightmare for reversing due to the large garage overhang - anyone have any experience with these ?

A standard rear fitting rack might be OK but not found one to suit the chassis rail widths yet (think it is an Al-Ko chassis extension).

Prepared to travel, but would prefer something within a reasonable distance from Warrington.

Thanks

2. denisejoe

denisejoe Funster

Look at alco themselves they do a lot of racks to fit their chasses

Joe

3. Madison

Madison Funster

I have a scooter rack currently fitted to my van. (Burstner Elegance 591). Seems to be a very good bit of kit but I have no use for it. Will be travelling up to Southport next month. Could always send pictures if you would like.
    Elamine

4. Parapilot

Parapilot Funster

Hi Elamine, some pictures would be great thanks - especially of how it mounts - and also the distance between chassis rails if possible.
    Thanks,
    Alan email: amc {AT} f2s {dot} com

PS. Joe, I looked at alco racks but the maximum load was 150kg and the mountings seem different - perhaps because my van is a 2003 model ?
    They also seemed fairly basic for the hefty price compared to some custom made racks, and for my limited budget I'd rather buy a used one (seems daft fitting a brand new one to a 13 year old van when there are quite a few used racks for sale). Thanks anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. zac

zac Funster Life Member

My Hydratrail is now up for sale, it is Here

Any questions PM me if you are still looking of course.