LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
can anyone advise me on where to get a scooter rack supplied and fitted to my motor home i already have a 4 bike rear fiamma bike rack but i would assume this is not strong enough for a scooter ?

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
ok i think my problem is when i had a towbar on the mh its used to scrape the road when there was a diff in road heights i removed that and all was ok but i may need airsus to be able to have a rack but not sure yet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Scooter rack

I ended up putting air suspension on the rear end and eventually gone to an armitage trailer which i picked up today

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
lol mel if ya get down portugal before me see if me tow bar is still there lol

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
can anyone advise me on where to get a scooter rack supplied and fitted to my motor home i already have a 4 bike rear fiamma bike rack but i would assume this is not strong enough for a scooter ?

We had one fitted ( link below ) and it´s great. have only ground out once and that was in the UK!!!!

Broken Link Removed

We have Honda PCX weight is 120kg and fully loaded ( full water / diesel / food etc ) we come in at 3420kg, so now only travel with 20lts of water and 1/2 tank of diesel, leaves us with loads of kg´s spare.

The scooter is great as changes the MH experience as we found across France/Germany this year because we could park up in "out of the way" sites/aires and unload scooter and check out local area.

Last edited:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol

No Bill it is not heavy enough

Just returned from France after using scooter rack I would highly recommend having one. I would also recommend Armitage as they fitted ours as well as Air-ride :thumb:

http://www.armitagetrailers.com/motorhomes.htm

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:Eeek: Was it not Armatidges that fitted a A frame type product to a members Smart car that caught fire after a few miles.Admited fault on scean then denide everything leaving member to fight there insurance etc.:Angry::Sad::Eeek:Never did find the outcome but at the time I remember his wife was terminally ill and could well have done without the hassel :Eeek: For that reason alone I would not give them any buissness :winky:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back